Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    They are confounding me with archery tackle. Been on 2 hunts both spot and stalk, released one arrow, went just under his brisket. I'm going to put an arrow through one of those some day, and its not going to be by sweating my balls off in some pop up tent for a week.

The difference between a 80 and 83 inch goat is really hard to field judge! Shot a couple I thought were all time book, every one of em only went 3 year.

Thanks
    My only one from Wyoming..

Sons Wyoming buck....

Looking forward to getting back there and getting a big one with the bow....

Thanks
    Nice goats Joe. The one your kid shot looks sweet with those cutters going straight out the side.

So.Cal., but don't hold that against me...UPDATE, soon to be NM
    Thanks
    Some nice looking goats. I like them ones that are a bit strange, I'm like sjsmallfield, I like them cutters pointing out to the sides.

Thanks
    Thanks guys! We didn't hesitate when we spotted that buck. One look from each of us and he was in trouble. We probably saw a bigger one after we were tagged out but not a cooler looking buck. To me that is the most important element with Pronghorn.

Thanks
    love antelope hunting!

thought I took 2 awesome ones last fall, both went 75-80", then saw some world class pics of 90"+ bruisers! which totally makes me want to chase some monsters.

Probably won't hunt antelope or WY-antelope this year, maybe in a year or two, but with other states, I'm not sure when I'll be back to wy chasing antelope, but I do love it, and my next goal is certainly a booner/85" would be awesome. So I may have ot wait for an awesome unit, or just really hunt hard!

Maybe one of these years I'll get lucky in NM, although if you not only do you have to be lucky drawing the tag, getting lucky and put on the right ranch, etc... is part of it too.

Now that I have a great representative of the species though I'm focused on other species, hopefully an elk with the bow this year, and a mule deer next year.

You can definitely hunt antelope every year and have a good time!

If/when I move west taking more than 1 trip west per year will become a reality.

Not to mention antelope could be the most beautiful animal in NA, although they're all awesome in their own way, but for pure beauty, hard to beat an antelope IMO.
    Last edited by HuskyMusky; 03-12-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    They are in my top ten list of my favorite things to hunt or things I want to hunt. Kind of funny I have hunted on 5 continents, and antelope still beat a lot of things people would crawl through hell to take.

Just like hunting them, growing up in Wyoming and hunting them with my father kind of cemented that. I hope when my daughters are old enough they want to hunt antelope with their dad.

Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011 elk pics 320.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	2975Attachment 2974I have killed a pile of goats in Montana. Put in for wyoming this year. But my best hunt was getting my wife her first antelope last year in 2011. Not a monster but a great stalk, and she put him down with one shot a 410 yards. Was a non-hunter when we got married but I cant keep her away from it now. Antelope is a great family hunt.
    Last edited by hvfd21walker; 03-12-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hulburt View Post
    Thanks guys! We didn't hesitate when we spotted that buck. One look from each of us and he was in trouble. We probably saw a bigger one after we were tagged out but not a cooler looking buck. To me that is the most important element with Pronghorn.
    Joe... Those are some top notch pics... Great job. Good looking goats too. Congrats!!

Thanks
    After reading mike's book on antelope, I burned my three WY points and shot my best antelope. I had a great hunt and passing on bucks that I would have shot 5 years ago, wasn't as hard as I thought.
    I broke down and went in the special draw with no points. I didn't want to wait another three years to draw a good area. If all else fails, I'll buy some doe tags and check out a new area and do some fly fishing around Cody and the park.
    It sure beats waiting for the WA draw only to get another rejection notice.