Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So.Cal., but don't hold that against me...UPDATE, soon to be NM
    Thanks
    Hey Zim, I drew my unit 38 elk tag with 4 points and a regular tag. According to MRS I had a 62% chance of drawing looking at last years numbers, so either I got lucky or there are fewer people applying this year. Looking forward to the hunt, my first time in the Big Horns.

As for Antelope, I have 4 points there as well but purchased a special tag and applied in unit 67. According to last years numbers (from that handy MRS section I should be locked into a tag). Let me know where you apply for, I would be gald to pass along any info I have, after all you helped me out last year.

Thanks
    Crossing my fingers and hoping to draw a 16D rifle tag.

Thanks
    I'll be trying for black powder again this season...got my deer and elk in, still have a couple more to get in before the 28th. Good luck guys!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreOldNo7 View Post
    Hey Zim, I drew my unit 38 elk tag with 4 points and a regular tag. According to MRS I had a 62% chance of drawing looking at last years numbers, so either I got lucky or there are fewer people applying this year. Looking forward to the hunt, my first time in the Big Horns.

As for Antelope, I have 4 points there as well but purchased a special tag and applied in unit 67. According to last years numbers (from that handy MRS section I should be locked into a tag). Let me know where you apply for, I would be gald to pass along any info I have, after all you helped me out last year.
    That's nice. I'd really like to bowhunt those Bighorns. So your tag is for rifle? I forgot how 38 works. I think you will have a slammer trip. I had a mule deer hunt near there Custer Nat'l Forest Montana and that habitat is really awesome. Not too rough, but good enough to get away from some less fit. Seen some very nice bulls come out of there. I wish we'd burned our points there earlier. Now we are chasing other units with bad odds and likely not much better bulls. Good value for 4 points.

Thanks
    I put in for NM. I have hunted NM alot over the years but this year I needed to call the G&F dept to ask a question and got to talking with the guy a little...I didn't realize that all the non res and res apps. that want to hunt with an outfitter come out of the same 10% outfitter draw pool. Going to be pretty diffacult to draw a tag and hunt with an outfitter in NM. Going to be hard to draw any nonres tag in NM .

Thanks

App

Waited til the last day but I'm in. The NM website was surprisingly smooth for last day app. Hell it used to crash & burn under pressure. Not a flinch today. Still debating pronghorn. Picked 3 poor archery elk units but still not likely to draw.
    Last edited by Zim; 03-28-2012 at 07:45 AM.

Thanks
    Applied for unit 15 Archery again, Hopefully get lucky this yr and finallly draw a good tag! haha