Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 42 Times in 6 Posts
    Great pics. I love hunting old burns. Be careful, use your head and don't try and bite off more then you can chew. You will find yourself getting discouraged. One step at a time and you will love solo!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    By hunting season hopefully ill be comfortable with a week long solo trip. I plan on getting into this area twice a month or so until the season starts. I posted this pic before but he still haunts me and keeps me motivated to train harder. Hopefully this season Ill be able to get a shot at him or one of his buddies with my bow this september.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 161.JPG  

So.Cal., but don't hold that against me...UPDATE, soon to be NM
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Now that looks like a shooter.

Wish I could do the same thing you are for my upcoming elk hunt in Wyoming (pack in and scout twice a month). Funds are short but I might still try and get up there this summer. As it is I figure to do a couple solo pack trip to X9A (calif - Eastern Sierras) this summer. I have hunted there many times, but want to try something new. There are a number of places I have kept an eye on through the years and the best way to check them out is by being there.

Good job and good luck on your hunt (you have a good plan for making your luck this year)

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMoreOldNo7 View Post
    Now that looks like a shooter.

Wish I could do the same thing you are for my upcoming elk hunt in Wyoming (pack in and scout twice a month). Funds are short but I might still try and get up there this summer. As it is I figure to do a couple solo pack trip to X9A (calif - Eastern Sierras) this summer. I have hunted there many times, but want to try something new. There are a number of places I have kept an eye on through the years and the best way to check them out is by being there.

Good job and good luck on your hunt (you have a good plan for making your luck this year)
    I am in the exact same boat I have hunted A-16 (archery X9A) for years and want a change of pace so i am doing backpack style this year also. PM me I dont do the rifle over there but maybe I can help you out

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    Don't worry Jon Boy, it gets way easier every time. Now I prefer goin' solo, but my wife doesn't like it. Nice pics. That is some neat country over there.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Boy View Post
    By hunting season hopefully ill be comfortable with a week long solo trip. I plan on getting into this area twice a month or so until the season starts. I posted this pic before but he still haunts me and keeps me motivated to train harder. Hopefully this season Ill be able to get a shot at him or one of his buddies with my bow this september.
    Hunting the burns and seeing bucks that haunt are good motivators. Seeing this picture reminds me of hunting Custer NF last year and seeing some of those bucks that haunt. It's cool you can get in your areas twice a month. That surly will help you with the puzzle and help you towards success.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Im sure it will get easier as my trips progress. I made the goal in the "2012 goals" thread to get a mature mulie and my first bull this year and I plan on doing everything I can to make it possible. Hopefully 2012 is the year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    Don't worry Jon Boy, it gets way easier every time. Now I prefer goin' solo, but my wife doesn't like it. Nice pics. That is some neat country over there.
    My wife gets a bit uneasy when I'm away solo too Bitterroot. She knows I love it though and puts up with my outdoor obsessions. Devices like SPOT, that I've read in posts you carry as well, help with the anxiety a bit both hers and mine but sounds like you too get the same concerned wife hoping we will come back home safe and sound from all our adventures.

Hoping all you fellow solo hunters will have safe, succeful hunts and adventures.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    What is it with wives worrying about us going solo?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Think it is the "Moms" inner got to protect mode.I had to get a SPOT so my mom would calm down as I have no {being a female myself} heading for the backcountry and with me most of the time This is where I'm going call ya when I get back.
    Can you handle the challenge.... hunt hard but safe!!