Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I blame this show for sb 1221. They make it too dramatic and make every hunter seem like a poacher. Not the publicity California hunters need. Montana has a show called wardens and it shows that there are a lot of ethical hunters out there and promotes hunting. Just my 10 cents

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantbvfd View Post
    I blame this show for sb 1221. They make it too dramatic and make every hunter seem like a poacher. Not the publicity California hunters need. Montana has a show called wardens and it shows that there are a lot of ethical hunters out there and promotes hunting. Just my 10 cents
    I agree Wardens promotes hunting and I've seen them give a lot of breaks to folks or warnings and helping folks out. The big difference between the two shows in my opinion is that Wardens is on a outdoor channel that promotes hunting greatly. Nat Geo on the other hand has little to no hunting programming on the channel. With all the hoopla as of late with Melissa Bachman getting removed from one of their shows on Nat Geo due to her being a hunter from pressure from a anti hunting petition, well to me that says a lot to me on their true views on hunting.

http://www.huntinglife.com/blog/deta...phic-producers
    Last edited by Kevin Root; 09-11-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Adding link

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantbvfd View Post
    I have to agree with you about making most hunters look like poacher's. It would be nice if they would 180 and start giving hunters more positve credit, but I guess that might make bad TV.....so they think?
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    From what I've seen of the show, 99% of Cal. game wardens are jerkoffs. Their view is "All hunters are guilty of something." Terrible show. Really sucks. NatGeo sucks too anymore. I no longer tune into either one of them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal78 View Post
    Saw three different wardens today around Town and one had two brand new Tahoes following him. So what I'm saying is that WJ is filming around Fresno. Had a run in with them last year. I was heading back to camp because I forgot my license in my other pants. Got stopped 200 yards from camp. I know that I was in the wrong but they wouldn't let me walk to camp and get it. End result, two misdemeanors and no deer tag this year.
    The problem with a situation like this is you probably could have went to trial on this and won.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had a run in with that punk ass blonde kid from the oroville area. I was heading for the truck with 2 salmon, he accused me of snagging the fish and lied to me saying he had video of it. I called bull sh!t, because I had done nothing wrong. His response was " it's your lucky day", and he walked off. That the one and only bad encounter I've had with a warden, all others have been cool.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It seems that the wardens i see are not hunters and anyone out in the woods is a up to no good.It seems the wardens on tv are full of themselfs

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've meet some cool wardens but there's always a few that have the "power trip".
    -NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by goindeep View Post
    I had a run in with that punk ass blonde kid from the oroville area. I was heading for the truck with 2 salmon, he accused me of snagging the fish and lied to me saying he had video of it. I called bull sh!t, because I had done nothing wrong. His response was " it's your lucky day", and he walked off. That the one and only bad encounter I've had with a warden, all others have been cool.
    From the show, that kid your talking about dose think he's the "hot shot/badass" of the group, Lol
    -NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sorry, I know we need wardens, but a couple encounters in the past have led me to KNOW that 90% of them are a$$holes. Just like the highway patrol, cant solve any real crime, so they drop the hammer on anyone driving 5mph over the speed limit!