View Poll Results: Which best describes your feelings about lighted nocks?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • They should be allowed in all archery hunts and I will use them even if I can't enter animals.

15 68.18%
  • Due to the fact that P&Y disqualifies any animal taken with an electronic device I don't use them.

7 31.82%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lighted Nock Poll

This subject came up on an Oregon website as the Oregon Bowhunters are doing a survey to see what bowhunters think about legalizing lighted nocks here where they are currently not legal.

I think the questions should have been worded differently and wanted to try a POLL on here so here goes...

I am sure a lot of you live in states where they are legal. Besides the poll questions do you like them or feel you need them?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    It caused a HUGE controversy in washington. They are now legal there I believe. I personally wouldnt use them but dont really care either way.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    3rd option, they should be legal, but I would never use one.

dumbest invention ever, or at least on the list, I wish I could think up dumb ideas that would make me millions of dollars.

btw this device does not HELP you take game, it's just an electronic device used while hunting.

btw unless I shot a world record that wasn't allowed, I really could care less about entering an animal in the B&C book. I like to have animals measured and know what they score, and I trophy hunt, but I don't need my name in a book, I am working toward the NA10, and maybe the NA29, I think both of those are a decent accomplishment.
    Last edited by HuskyMusky; 03-14-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Boy View Post
    It caused a HUGE controversy in washington. They are now legal there I believe. I personally wouldnt use them but dont really care either way.
    I really could care less either other than I wouldn't want to not be able to enter an exceptional animal in the Pope and Young Club books. I feel if the archery groups really want them they should address P&Y first then worry about their local game depts....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMusky View Post
    3rd option, they should be legal, but I would never use one.

dumbest invention ever, or at least on the list, I wish I could think up dumb ideas that would make me millions of dollars.
    I agree that option should have been on there but it is hard to stay under the 100 characters in the poll. I started with 4 choices and after a while went with 2 short ones.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hulburt View Post
    I agree that option should have been on there but it is hard to stay under the 100 characters in the poll. I started with 4 choices and after a while went with 2 short ones.
    gotcha!

there are a lot of bad rules/regs out there that don't make sense, I remember an eastmans hunt where non-residents couldn't use a scope/magnification on a muzzle loader but residents could????? talk about stupid!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think they are great tool to see where shot placement is, sometimes I loose my arrow in flight and it would be good to know exactly where the shot was. (not to mention it would be a whole lot easier to find arrows when you miss.) I personally don't use them because they are quite expensive. A lighted knock in no way shape or form is going to give you an advantage in killing an animal. The broadhead and arrow do that.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTTIN View Post
    I think they are great tool to see where shot placement is, sometimes I loose my arrow in flight and it would be good to know exactly where the shot was. (not to mention it would be a whole lot easier to find arrows when you miss.) I personally don't use them because they are quite expensive. A lighted knock in no way shape or form is going to give you an advantage in killing an animal. The broadhead and arrow do that.
    The question I have is would you be willing to never enter an animal in P&Y because you were using lighted nocks?

I've never shot one but to me I can't imagine they are that great of a tool but I try and be open minded. I'm not really all that hung up on record books but I do think exceptional animals should have a place to be honored and there needs to be honor associated with any organization that does that. How many people are breaking that rule already due to lighted nocks? Where does it end???

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I think they have a place for different situations. I can see some hunters in some states it coming in real handy. In CA we usually are not hunting the rut and for some (most actually) kill their deer early or very late in the evening where a lighted nock would come in handy.

I don't use them personally because of the cost, but different hunters hunting different ways I can totally see it helping in the recovery of an animal.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Score doesn't matter to me as much as if I see the animal as a trophy in my own eyes. To me if P&Y is going to get that technical, they should be asking everyone if they used a rangefinder to get the yardage before they shot the animal( electronic device). But that is whole different story.
    Shoot STR8