View Poll Results: Which best describes your feelings about lighted nocks?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • They should be allowed in all archery hunts and I will use them even if I can't enter animals.

15 68.18%
  • Due to the fact that P&Y disqualifies any animal taken with an electronic device I don't use them.

7 31.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Here's the difference Ruttin: The P&Y rule is fairly simple to understand even though some may not agree (which is okay).....no electronic devices, of any kind, can be attached to the bow or arrow. Unfortunately, lighted nocks violate that rule. I'm fairly certain the Club doesn't "dislike" lighted nocks....they simply can't accept entries when they are used. It doesn't take anything away from the trophy.
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BOHNTR View Post
    Here's the difference Ruttin: The P&Y rule is fairly simple to understand even though some may not agree (which is okay).....no electronic devices, of any kind, can be attached to the bow or arrow. Unfortunately, lighted nocks violate that rule. I'm fairly certain the Club doesn't "dislike" lighted nocks....they simply can't accept entries when they are used. It doesn't take anything away from the trophy.
    I guess that is really the issue. It's not about a lighted nock so much as about allowing electronic devices on the bow or arrow which in itself a big step and could certainly lead to negative repercussions.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm all for them, but still haven't spent the money to use them.

You can use them here in Montana is a "short range weapon" only season (or unit). Might be worth it not to lose a $18 arrow.
    >>>----------------->
    Strother Inspire
    Gold Tip Kenetics 300
    Ripcord Code Red
    Tight Spot Quiver
    Black Gold Ascent
    Landshark by Simmons Sharks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by BOHNTR View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up BOHNTR, I have never really looked that close at the rules.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMusky View Post
    btw unless I shot a world record that wasn't allowed, I really could care less about entering an animal in the B&C book. I like to have animals measured and know what they score, and I trophy hunt, but I don't need my name in a book, I am working toward the NA10, and maybe the NA29, I think both of those are a decent accomplishment.
    B&C wouldn't be an issue it's just P&Y. Your mention of killing a world record is what concerns me the most. A lot of people head out hunting intent to kill the first cow they see so they throw on a Luminock and walk around the corner and there is the "potential" new World Record bull! High noon and the nock assisted in no way but the bull can't be honored by P&Y. Doesn't seem worth it to me...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Too bad they can't put an * next to the entered animal and state that it was taken with a lighted nock. At least it would still honor the animal taken.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsmallfield View Post
    Too bad they can't put an * next to the entered animal and state that it was taken with a lighted nock. At least it would still honor the animal taken.
    I would hope that would become an option if more states start legalizing lighted nocks. That is already the case if your shooting a bow with more than a 65% let off and I have no problem with that.

If they start to accept crossbow kills in P&Y I won't bother to enter another animal though. There is a line there somewhere we just need to decide where it is....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Crossbow animals will never be allowed in P&Y. The asterisk next to lighted nocks will probably never be utilized either since they are electronic devices attached to an arrow. This discussion comes up every few months and lengthy discussions are held with those of us on the records committee. Who knows, maybe someday they may be allowed.....but I doubt it, as the Club doesn't want to create a long list of "allowed devices versus not allowed devices" for measurers to decipher as technology advances and more "gadgets" are created.

The asterisk depicting bows with greater than 65% let-off has been dropped and is no longer in effect.
    BOHNTR )))----------->

B&C / P&Y Official Measurer

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That works for me BOHNTR. Thanks for the info! I have an email into the P&Y Club asking about the very subject. At this point I am going to do what I can to lobby our state to not legalize lighted nocks or anything else that undermines the P&Y Club. We have plenty of division within our ranks as it is and for the life of me I can't see where a glowing nock is going to help me be a better hunter.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Do lighted nocks give the hunter the advantage in any fashion? Possibly in recovery but beyond that they are a cool curio. I cant come up with a reason to not allow hunters to use them but at the same time I can understand P&Y and states not wanting to create a slippery slope of gadgetry. Don't use them and never plan on replacing my arrow wraps it but cant hate on anyone who does. Crossbows are another story...