View Poll Results: Which best describes your feelings about lighted nocks?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • They should be allowed in all archery hunts and I will use them even if I can't enter animals.

15 68.18%
  • Due to the fact that P&Y disqualifies any animal taken with an electronic device I don't use them.

7 31.82%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post

Lighted Nock Poll

This subject came up on an Oregon website as the Oregon Bowhunters are doing a survey to see what bowhunters think about legalizing lighted nocks here where they are currently not legal.

I think the questions should have been worded differently and wanted to try a POLL on here so here goes...

I am sure a lot of you live in states where they are legal. Besides the poll questions do you like them or feel you need them?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It caused a HUGE controversy in washington. They are now legal there I believe. I personally wouldnt use them but dont really care either way.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Boy View Post
    It caused a HUGE controversy in washington. They are now legal there I believe. I personally wouldnt use them but dont really care either way.
    I really could care less either other than I wouldn't want to not be able to enter an exceptional animal in the Pope and Young Club books. I feel if the archery groups really want them they should address P&Y first then worry about their local game depts....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    3rd option, they should be legal, but I would never use one.

dumbest invention ever, or at least on the list, I wish I could think up dumb ideas that would make me millions of dollars.

btw this device does not HELP you take game, it's just an electronic device used while hunting.

btw unless I shot a world record that wasn't allowed, I really could care less about entering an animal in the B&C book. I like to have animals measured and know what they score, and I trophy hunt, but I don't need my name in a book, I am working toward the NA10, and maybe the NA29, I think both of those are a decent accomplishment.
    Last edited by HuskyMusky; 03-14-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMusky View Post
    3rd option, they should be legal, but I would never use one.

dumbest invention ever, or at least on the list, I wish I could think up dumb ideas that would make me millions of dollars.
    I agree that option should have been on there but it is hard to stay under the 100 characters in the poll. I started with 4 choices and after a while went with 2 short ones.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hulburt View Post
    I agree that option should have been on there but it is hard to stay under the 100 characters in the poll. I started with 4 choices and after a while went with 2 short ones.
    gotcha!

there are a lot of bad rules/regs out there that don't make sense, I remember an eastmans hunt where non-residents couldn't use a scope/magnification on a muzzle loader but residents could????? talk about stupid!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMusky View Post
    btw unless I shot a world record that wasn't allowed, I really could care less about entering an animal in the B&C book. I like to have animals measured and know what they score, and I trophy hunt, but I don't need my name in a book, I am working toward the NA10, and maybe the NA29, I think both of those are a decent accomplishment.
    B&C wouldn't be an issue it's just P&Y. Your mention of killing a world record is what concerns me the most. A lot of people head out hunting intent to kill the first cow they see so they throw on a Luminock and walk around the corner and there is the "potential" new World Record bull! High noon and the nock assisted in no way but the bull can't be honored by P&Y. Doesn't seem worth it to me...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Too bad they can't put an * next to the entered animal and state that it was taken with a lighted nock. At least it would still honor the animal taken.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsmallfield View Post
    Too bad they can't put an * next to the entered animal and state that it was taken with a lighted nock. At least it would still honor the animal taken.
    I would hope that would become an option if more states start legalizing lighted nocks. That is already the case if your shooting a bow with more than a 65% let off and I have no problem with that.

If they start to accept crossbow kills in P&Y I won't bother to enter another animal though. There is a line there somewhere we just need to decide where it is....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think they are great tool to see where shot placement is, sometimes I loose my arrow in flight and it would be good to know exactly where the shot was. (not to mention it would be a whole lot easier to find arrows when you miss.) I personally don't use them because they are quite expensive. A lighted knock in no way shape or form is going to give you an advantage in killing an animal. The broadhead and arrow do that.
    Shoot STR8