Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 77 Times in 9 Posts
    I like the Kelty myself. The price is good and will do the job

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow thanks guys i gotta go through all that now! I went to the sports expo in slc and have been catching up on everything around the house so Ill take a look and get back to you all!!!

(just didnt want to look like someone who was wasting your time)
    Remember....... YOU ARE GREATER THAN ANYTHING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU.", train longer, fight harder, and go farther!, you are not going to die! -cameron hanes

Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ok so to answer a few questions and maybe give some more ideas.... 150 is probably the most i can spend, I want this for Archery season here in utah which is usually pretty warm. I'm thinkin a 20 degree bag because even if it gets a lil chilly i can layer up some in the bag versus packing a heavier bag. Im definately thinking a down bag, I use a light tent instead of a bivy so that helps with the moisture.. Thanks for the Kelty Cosmic idea it looks like a good bag might be one i keep an eye on!
    Remember....... YOU ARE GREATER THAN ANYTHING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU.", train longer, fight harder, and go farther!, you are not going to die! -cameron hanes

Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks
    Congratulations
    for your price range you should look into a North Face Cat's Meow 20degree bag. It's a sythetic bag but still some what light weight at 2lbs 10 oz. A down bag of the higher quality power fills, I'm talking 800+, is lighter per cubic inch but those bags are all starting near $300 and up. When you start looking at down bags with 600 power fill the weight and cost becomes comparable to a synthetic bag. If I were limited in price to a 600 fill down bag I would just go synthetic. I have a North Face Snowshoe O degree bag and it's a great bag so I know the Cat's Meow is good too since they have the same features. you can probably find one on ebay for cheap

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob P For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    RobP gives good advice. If your budget is $150 and under, I would also look at quality synthetic fill bags. TNF Cat's Meow is the ... well, you know ... of synthetic bag values.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 11 Times in 3 Posts
    You might try and find a place that sells demo bags or even lightly used? I bought a Big Agnes Pomer Hoit 0 degree from a place that sells demo stuff last year. It's a $500 bag and if I remember right I paid about half of that. The bag was in great condition and I saved a lot of money! The web site is www.wearbap.com from the home page click on deals on the left side and options to view demo stuff will come up.
    Last edited by CoHiCntry; 03-21-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    Mine isn't cheap, but it is very nice, very light, and you don't roll off your pad ...

https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Detail/Bag/zirkel20
    BB, do you use this bag in the winter.....or just summer and fall?
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Muleys 24/7 View Post
    BB, do you use this bag in the winter.....or just summer and fall?
    I use it for early season. It stays unzipped during the summer. When temps get down to under 20 I go with my 0 degree Kelty, but this year I will get a -20 synthetic BA. It is six pounds, but the horses will be carrying it.

I have been in the Zirkel down to around 15 without being chilled, and I am not a warm sleeper.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bitterroot Bulls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    I use it for early season. It stays unzipped during the summer. When temps get down to under 20 I go with my 0 degree Kelty, but this year I will get a -20 synthetic BA. It is six pounds, but the horses will be carrying it.

I have been in the Zirkel down to around 15 without being chilled, and I am not a warm sleeper.
    I was thinking of getting the BA Blackburn SL 0 degree.What do you think about this bag unzipped for the early season with no insulating pad?I'm trying to get away with only buying one bag for early and late?? It weighs 3# for the long..... Do you have to buy the pad to stay warm on the underside? If so which of their pads are best?
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    BA bags require a pad. There is no insulation on the underside of the entire bag (rectangle bags) or torso (mummy bags). The Blackburn is a great bag, and ridiculously light for a 0 deg., but it would be too warm for me most of the time. I would think the Zirkel w/ a liner and/or cover would be more versatile. But that would be for me. If you are a really cold sleeper the Blackburn might be perfect.