Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    BA bags require a pad. There is no insulation on the underside of the entire bag (rectangle bags) or torso (mummy bags). The Blackburn is a great bag, and ridiculously light for a 0 deg., but it would be too warm for me most of the time. I would think the Zirkel w/ a liner and/or cover would be more versatile. But that would be for me. If you are a really cold sleeper the Blackburn might be perfect.
    What liner/cover are you talking about?
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Lots of companies make liners and covers. I would think a Pertex or eVent (you would need one that breathes) bivy would add about 10 degrees of comfort, and a good liner would do that or more.

Here are some liner options:

http://www.rei.com/search?cat=450005...ing+Bag+Liners

Thanks
    I just bought a Stoic Vamp 15F Down bag, from Backcountry.com, pack weight is 2.9 pounds the reveiws were good and It was on sale for $143. It is still there if your interested. If you dont like it send it back money back - the shipping.
    OO-DE-LOLLY

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Red 1 For This Useful Post:

amp713 (03-31-2012)

Thanks
    Def still interested Red, Its still pretty chilly and until it gets warm Ill just be doing day trips or longdistance scouting and hiking back and staying in my camper/truck No need to get right on top of them and scare them off. Let me know how you like that one.... Also thanks for the info on the Cats meow bag!
    Remember....... YOU ARE GREATER THAN ANYTHING THAT CAN HAPPEN TO YOU.", train longer, fight harder, and go farther!, you are not going to die! -cameron hanes

Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amp713 View Post
    Def still interested Red, Its still pretty chilly and until it gets warm Ill just be doing day trips or longdistance scouting and hiking back and staying in my camper/truck No need to get right on top of them and scare them off. Let me know how you like that one.... Also thanks for the info on the Cats meow bag!
    Will do my scouting trips start here soon we have early seasons here in Cali.
    OO-DE-LOLLY

Thanks

Seeing this today reminded me about this thread on the question of liners and sleeping bags. Boosting temperature ratings, sleeping bag options and it also adds as an emergency bivy. At 8.5 ounces this looks like a possible solution for some of these mentioned on the thread. Heat reflective, waterproof and breathable.

http://www.rei.com/product/832336/sol-escape-bivy
    Last edited by Kevin Root; 04-04-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Typo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin Root For This Useful Post:

Brocka (04-04-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Root View Post

Seeing this today reminded me about this thread on the question of liners and sleeping bags. Boosting temperature ratings, sleeping bag options and it also adds as an emergency bivy. At 8.5 ounces this looks like a possible solution for some of these mentioned on the thread. Heat reflective, waterproof and breathable.

Thanks! I just might have to invest in one of these, my biggest concern I have is keeping my down bag dry...This sounds like the perfect solution.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amp713 View Post
    amp713 check out the bags at Sierra trading post. I just got a flyer on an Alps 20 degree echo lake mummy bag. $49.95 or 57.95 depending on how long you need it.

Thanks
    I use a Big Agnes Horsethief (35 degree) bag in California archery season and if it gets cold i use a sleeping bag liner to increase the temp rating 15 degrees. I have not been cold. I found mine used at www.bwear.com for $89.00. Just keep watching their site and they have some great deals.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Root View Post

I wonder if that would work well enough for the early season as your only shelter.