Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muleys 24/7 View Post
    Why don't you look at the Zeiss victory rf binos.....buttons are on the right.....
    I've used them, don't like em though. Like I mentioned on another thread, the image is way too blue biased for my eyes. That, and they are huge!

Thanks
    Swaro screwed up royally. Yeah, the button is on the left. I could have worked through that, albeit a pain in the butt. But why on god's green earth would they come out with a combo unit that has a minimum ranging distance of 33 yds??? They most definitely weren't thinking of archery hunters at all when designing the EL Ranges.

The Zeiss is the best option for a bow hunter right now.Button is on right, and min distance is 10 yds. I'm currently debating if I'm going to drop the coin on them, or wait a year and see what comes out. I think the LRF/bino combo units are becoming more and more popular, so maybe we'll see some upgrades soon.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    But why on god's green earth would they come out with a combo unit that has a minimum ranging distance of 33 yds??? They most definitely weren't thinking of archery hunters at all when designing the EL Ranges.
    Now that's pathetic!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSurArcher View Post
    Now that's pathetic!
    Sure is. I was ticked. I was all set to buy them. Had communication going with a dealer and everything. Loved the glass, ergonomics, weight, dependable LR ranging capabilities etc, but for some reason I overlooked the minimum ranging distance. Read that online somewhere and got to play with them in the store again and sure enough, 34 yds I got repeatedly, 33 I got occasionally, nothing under 33 ranged. Talk about a disappointment.

Zeiss has a nice rebate going on their combo unit right now. But I have a hunch they will come out with something new as soon as I buy the current model (usually the way it works for me). I'd like to think they are developing a unit utilizing their new HT glass, and better ergonomics....We will see.

Thanks
    I bow and rifle hunt,...for bow hunting,why would you want a range finder with 10x42power for under 30 yards..., I don't get it, just to have a two in one deal? I can see why they would have rifle hunters in mind, those range finding binos are made for longer than bow range hunting. I wouldn't want a pair of those just for bow hunting.Everyone may not agree with me and I'll probley hear some crap,but that's just my opinion?
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Less to carry, less to fumble with, less noise (binos banging against rangefinder can be costly). If it's too close to use your 10x binos to range it, chances are it's a top pin shot anyway.

Thanks
    Yup, less to carry, ie, less crap hanging around my neck. A big thing for me is, I shoot LR so I need a RF that works both close and far. There is no stand alone compact RF that works well for LR (Leica CRF's suck). I currently have the Zeiss PRF and it's by no means a compact RF. Carrying that around my neck and binos on my chest is a PITA. I have thought about the 10 power when ranging for archery. I have no experience using a 10x combo, but for open country ground hunting, spot and stalk, etc I'd think they'd work OK. I probably wouldn't use them in a tree stand hunting whitetails though. I don't carry any binocs with me hunting in treestands anyways.

Which leads me the next idea I've been pondering. Thought about buying the EL Ranges for rifle hunting and target shooting use and use them as binocs for archery hunting, and buy a cheap pocket RF for the treestand and open country archery hunting. I need a new pair of binocs anyways.

Thanks
    I just got my S4 lockdowns yesterday. They were made for my Leica's, a perfect fit! They will be great for stalking without hanging down to the ground when on your hands and knees and they won't bounce up and down when on my horse. I wish they were'nt so proud of their logo that they had to make it so large but that is what duct tape is for. I would highly recomend these.

Thanks
    I guess it would feel more natural to a lefty. Other then that I cant figure it out either. I bought a pair of the Zeiss Victory RF Rangefinder Binoculars last fall and love them. If you are in the buying market, then the price range is the same as the 2 you are already looking at. I highly recommend them.