Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Don't watch a lot of them. All seem so staged, at least in my view. I know they take 1000's of feet of film and only take a small amount for the shows, but it just doesn't give me the prospective I'm looking for.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 2 Posts
    Fink maybe up ur way they don't have accents but one of my best friends is from Rolla and he talks like I do. I-70 is the line that separates the Yankees from the rednecks. I can say this because I am a redneck from GA. and I lived in St. Peters, MO to. Love MO. Still hunt just north of you Fink(Gilman City), hunting them sorry Whitetails every year.
    I like all the hunting shows except the ones like Expedition Safari and those SCI shows where you pay for your 150"-160" deer. You know the ones with corn in the middle of the Sendero and eight 150" or better deer standing in the road. I much rather see a do it yourself hunt than anything but I still like my southern brothers Waddell, Primos, and Jordan.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't watch many of them anymore! Can't stand tree stand hunting, don't care much for hunting behind a fence, $20,000 to $50,000 hunts piss me off; Governors or auction tags are strictly saying take a look at how rich and I am, seeing how far away you can shoot something isn't hunting to me, so, this just about cuts out most shows for me. If I do watch it is Eastmans or Shockey.
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I used to really like Tred Barta. I like half of the Eastman's stuff (the longer DIY shows). Not a lot of experience with other shows as I don't have cable TV, or even an antenna.

For me, the problem with most hunting shows, is the focus on the kill. I'd rather watch a full hour focused on one hunt than five 10 minute clips where half of it is them admiring and talking about the kill. If I want to see a big animal, I can drive to RMNP, and see them alive! Show me the scenery, the pack in, the camp, the let downs, the small animals, the other wildlife. Make me feel like I am there!
    DIY til I DIE

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have not seen all the hunting shows mentioned on the thread above but I'd like any hunting show that captures more than just killing the animal. I want one that shows more of the adventure and quest for the hunter, hunting on public land.

Private land hunts are ok. I've hunted my fair share of them and I've had some awesome experiences. It's great seeing big record book mature animals killed on TV but it means much more to me seeing someone not only film and kill beautiful mature animals but seeing their quest when they get one on public land. I'd much rather see a show on someone going after animals on public land more than seeing animals killed on a private land food plots or on someones private multi thousand acre ranch.

I'd like to see TV hunting shows move away from the European system of game management or wildlife owned by who owns the land. There is way to much private land hunting on TV these days both in the USA and abroad. Give me a show that helps foster that American, "Pioneer Spirit", of hunting and hunting some of that 194,000,000 acres of National Forest public land that was championed by the likes of Theodore Roosevelt. Now that's a TV show I'd enjoy watching.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Root View Post
    Give me a show that helps foster that American, "Pioneer Spirit", of hunting and hunting some of that 194,000,000 acres of National Forest public land that was championed by the likes of Theodore Roosevelt. Now that's a TV show I'd enjoy watching.
    That would be On Your Own Adventures or Meat Eater, I like both of those in addition to Eastmans. I also watch the Duck Commander although it's usually more of a comedy show than a hunting show.

Bob

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Thanks BobT. Guess I need to look into getting the Sportsman's Channel in addition to the Outdoor Channel. Sounds like I'm missing out on some good programing.
    Last edited by Kevin Root; 03-26-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    I like Meat Eater a lot too. I was a little disappointed when I saw him in one of my spots though...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 61 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    I like Meat Eater a lot too. I was a little disappointed when I saw him in one of my spots though...

Your secrets out BB! Hahahha JK

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    When I saw that episode I was like ... "You gotta be kiddin' me, no, don't pull out a map and point!"

"Oh, for cryin' out loud."