Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hunting GPS maps

Would you guy recommend the SD card or the download? I'm leaning towards the SD card because our PC is older and has some issues. Also the SD card seems extremely easy to use. I'm also not too computer savvy. Im thinking there shouldn't be any issues referencing my existing topo maps to the GPS. Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've got the sd card for mine. It's pretty easy just load it and turn the gps on it will show your location and who owns it if you get the plat map sd. I have heard the download ones are really nice because you can use your pc to view them but the sd cards are easy for sure and work great

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had problems with the trial download so I got the SD card and it works fine. Be careful with existing maps, you can overwrite the card. I am not computer literate either so I don't know exactly how you can do it only that you can, the instructions give you the do's and don't's though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Grant, Go with the SD card. It works great but get the Platmap SD like brooks said.Iam getting ready to order a second one for
    Idaho to go with my California. Hows work been going?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The card sounds like you best option if your PC is older and your not wanting to deal with the download or the computer much. The download did not work well for a friend of mine as well. The best thing about the card is your operational and on your way quick and painless.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by dp1077 View Post
    Grant, Go with the SD card. It works great but get the Platmap SD like brooks said.Iam getting ready to order a second one for
    Idaho to go with my California. Hows work been going?
    That's what I'm leaning towards Danny. Works been going good. We had a 150 hours last check and 130 this check. How's it been down there?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 67 Times in 8 Posts
    I have the download maps and haven't had a problem. I think if I were to get it again I would get the SD also.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I guess I'm the first to go the other way. I like the download for my ability to add other stuff to my own SD card. Specifically, I have a Garmin BirdsEye satellite subscription and have both satellite images and hunting gps maps on the same SD card. I can't view them on the GPS screen at the same time, but it's very easy to alternate back and forth. I absolutely love the satellite images.

However, for Grant I would recommend the SD card because the download does take a little bit of work to figure out. Like anything in computers, more power means more frustrations.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MOHunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MOHunter View Post
    I guess I'm the first to go the other way. I like the download for my ability to add other stuff to my own SD card. Specifically, I have a Garmin BirdsEye satellite subscription and have both satellite images and hunting gps maps on the same SD card. I can't view them on the GPS screen at the same time, but it's very easy to alternate back and forth. I absolutely love the satellite images.

However, for Grant I would recommend the SD card because the download does take a little bit of work to figure out. Like anything in computers, more power means more frustrations.

Great idea, adding the Birdseye and Hunting gps maps to the same card! I will have to try that!

Can you download and make your own SD card?? If so, that would be that best of both worlds, though they probably wouldn't sync. you would still have the raw data both places.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Great idea, adding the Birdseye and Hunting gps maps to the same card! I will have to try that!

Can you download and make your own SD card?? If so, that would be that best of both worlds, though they probably wouldn't sync. you would still have the raw data both places.
    I'm not sure I understand your question. I add both sets of data to my own card. I don't put the Birdseye on a HuntingGPSmaps card.