Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can you download the data from the SD card to the computer once you buy the SD card? Or do they put some kind of block on that?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MOHunter View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your question. I add both sets of data to my own card. I don't put the Birdseye on a HuntingGPSmaps card.
    You answered it. If you can download the data and transfer it to your own SD card, then that would be the way to go for GrantBVFD.

Thanks for the idea about Birdseye.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm thinking I might have to get a new computer. I'm sure I can figure it out and bein able to have garmins Birdseye sounds awesome!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 8750 View Post
    Can you download the data from the SD card to the computer once you buy the SD card? Or do they put some kind of block on that?
    Anybody got an answer for this? That would be the most beneficial to me as well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    Anybody got an answer for this? That would be the most beneficial to me as well.
    I'd be interested in that as well. From what I've read on the site on the advantages and disadvantages, download vs. sd card it did not look like one could.

http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/gps-ma...-chip-map.html

Another disadvantage on the card is getting updates in that you have to send them in. Same price for an update but one has to send the card in. I read that you can pay for an upgrade to the map products but have not seen a work around in getting the map update on the computer after getting the card.

http://www.huntinggpsmaps.com/gps-ma...p-updates.html

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't think you can, at least without being very computer savvy. I have a chip for lakes in Canada when we go fishing. I just hooked it up to my computer and could not figure out a way to get the data onto the GPS device or the computer. It appears they have a block on it.

I seem to remember asking the folks at HuntingGPSmaps about. If you're looking into purchasing the software just call them up and ask. In my experience they don't care which way you go, they just want you to get what works best for you.

If you're interested in Birdseye you will have to download it to an SD card. Therefore, if you want any other maps you'll have to carry an extra card, which would be quite cumbersome to use that way. I love having my own SD cards to put whatever I want on them.

Just today I downloaded, from the KS Dept. of Wildlife website, all Walk-In Hunting Areas in the state. I know have 4 different mapping programs on one card and can cycle through which ones I want to access very quickly.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just got this update from Hunting GPSmaps.com and thought I'd pass it on.

"We are very excited to finally announce that our preloaded MicroSD chips can now be viewed on your Computer and GPS. For those customers that don't want to deal with trying to download a map but want to view the map on their computer, we have the solution. The maps can be easily viewed in Garmin's BaseCamp software. When you do your MapUpdate this year your chip will come back with this functionality."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That is awesome Kevin!

One problem,

I have only had mine for a couple months, and now I have to pay the update fee to get this functionality .... AAARRGGH.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    That is awesome Kevin!

One problem,

I have only had mine for a couple months, and now I have to pay the update fee to get this functionality .... AAARRGGH.
    I know they do get folks on the update charge. I thought they would be working on the download vs. card and viewing the computer issue. The card is so much easier to install. I've been keeping my eye out for that update.

Bitterroot Bulls, do you qualify for the free update? I saw this on their site too :-)

"HuntingGPSmaps Calendar Year for Free Updates.

HuntingGPSmaps calendar year runs from Dec 1st - Nov 30th. When you buy a map you will receive free updates for the first year with the expiration occurring on Nov 30th. This will allow customers to buy a map at anytime and be assured to have access to the most current map available for hunting season. Download customers will receive an email notifying them when the new map becomes available in their MyMaps account. SD chip customers can use the appropriate forms below and disregard including payment. For any questions on updates please contact us at help@huntinggpsmaps.com or 208-GPS-MAPS."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin Root For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I believe I do qualify for that, Kevin!

Thanks again.