Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 1 Post

Irish Setter Boots

Last night my wife and I got to go out on a date for the first time since we had our daughter on Nov 10 2010. I was pretty excited to just go out and enjoy this nice weather we have been having. Either way long story short we couldn't make it to the movie because our super ran later than thought. We went shopping instead at Scheels and I found a pair of Irish Setter boots on clearance from $120 to $69. I have always loved my Wolverine boots I got about 8 years ago but they are shot. I couldn't find a pair of Wolverine boots I liked and happened to put these on and really liked the feel also the price. Then my wife side well you need them and they are on clearance so just get them. I was shocked needless to say, I realize a lot of you have way more expensive boots and equipment but we don't have a lot of money and for my wife to let me do this I am supper excited!!!

These boots are uninsulated and fairly light weight. I am planning on going Antelope hunting this fall and hopefully Mule Deer hunting also. I am getting ready to go turkey hunting here in a couple weeks up to Valentine and hope to really test these boots out. I hope I get to use these for Elk hunting next year as long as they won't tear up my feet.

The only question I have is will an uninsulated boot be a problem for Archery Elk Hunting or should I have an insulated boot?

Nebraska Outlander

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like an enjoyable evening. And kudos to you for keeping your priorities straight.

I use uninsulated boots for early season elk. Actually, any hunting where I'm moving they are good down into surprisingly cold weather. The only time I've had problems is below freezing, or when it's cooler and they get wet and I'm not moving.

My hunting buddy has Irish Setters and absolutely loves them.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    I love mine. The sole is very comfortable. I have 2-3 pairs of them. Very durable. Pretty waterproof. They have a new lightweight model I would like try

You got a good deal on a good boot

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 1 Post
    I ended up with the 3858 Shadow Trek which I hope to use tomorrow morning depending on wether or not I get to go Turkey Hunting. Been really great weather here lately and I still have stuff around the house to do before I get to start playing.

Nebraska Outlander

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Absolutely wonderful boot. I have two pairs of Schnees, Meindl's, and Irish Setter's. Have to say the Irish Setters are most comfortable and love the air bob sole pattern on mine. Food for thought- Irish Setter is owned by Red Wing boots and they have by far the best warranty/return policy I've ever dealt with in my life. Boots wear out, squeak, or fall apart for any reason they give you a brand new pair, EVERY time.
    DIY OR DIE
    Mathews Heli-M 27 1/2" D
    Weatherby Mark IV .270
    Swarovski EL 10x42

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Very satisfied with the pair I had. I bought them on a similar clearance sale 8 years ago and just threw them away last year. A very fine and well made boot!