Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here's a pic I took with my old leupold compact spotter and my droid.This yote was bedded down at 350 yards
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Nice picture Muleys 24/7.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    That looks much clearer than mine. I was looking at the lense on my phone and its scratched 3 ways to Sunday I've been thinking about upgrading to the I phone and after reading reviews about the I phone camera being best on the market currently for cell phones I may have to upgrade and just get 2 cases for it one for scoping and one for work. I see they have a solar case which charges the phone off sunlight what else could you want in the back country equip it with the spot app and some maps along with a solid attachment for your spotting scope and your golden.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 68 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    That looks much clearer than mine. I was looking at the lense on my phone and its scratched 3 ways to Sunday I've been thinking about upgrading to the I phone and after reading reviews about the I phone camera being best on the market currently for cell phones I may have to upgrade and just get 2 cases for it one for scoping and one for work. I see they have a solar case which charges the phone off sunlight what else could you want in the back country equip it with the spot app and some maps along with a solid attachment for your spotting scope and your golden.

Wow the things these people come up with. What will be next? An app that tracks collared animals from the Fish n Game?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    What a great idea. I thought about doing something similar.

Do you have a parts list? What did you use to attach the case to? Is it just a cap for the coupler with a hole drilled in it?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Root View Post
    Nice picture Muleys 24/7.
    Thanks, that was just holding my phone directly up to the spotter with no adapter
    -NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    That seems cool, but would the maps and spot app work when you have no service/internet conn.?
    -NRA Life Member

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Robinhood- I primed the case and cap real good to give it a good sticky surface. Cut a small piece of 3/4" pvc at an angle just a sliver basicly. As a shim to keep everything square placed it between cap and case and glued it with blue glue real good and I was worried the glue would not adhere to the case but it is as strong as a pipe to pipe connection. Then I took a bandsaw and cut half the cap off so my phone lense was as close as possible to the spotter lense. Then drilled thru the cap into the case hole for the camera with a unibit to get the right size hole. And recently(pics not shown) I bought a can of spray paint for plastic and painted it all black. Totals 4.17 cents

Muleys 24/7- I don't have an I phone but what I have researched there are some good map apps that you can upload maps and take screenshots or save the area to reference when out of service. And the spot app does work out of service and does everything the spot handheld does Apple and spot teamed up to create the app.