Thread: Argentina?

Hybrid View

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Argentina?

Anyone hunt big game in Argentina?

I am weighing this as my next overseas hunt.

Some free-range red stag hunts for $6800 for 2 trophy stags.

If you go in July you get a discount, and of course a lot colder weather, at least in Patagonia (AKA Wyoming south).

I have hunted red deer unsuccssfully in Germany and Spain. Saw some good stags in Germany but nothing I could afford.

It rained hard for the 5 days I hunted red deer in Spain, and all I saw were hinds and wildboar sows with litters. So nicht scheezen!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have never hunted there but have been there in July, the weather was pretty nice I thought. That is some big country down there!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Send this person a email bmoahunts@bresnan.net tell him TJ sent you, just got some info on a couple stag hunts down there.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have got a place Calcatre and Algar safaris, same ranches owned by a mother and son. In Patagonia.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I hunted Argentina this spring. An interesting country, and I have hunted several countries around the world. From what I saw, the free ranging stag hunts are typically more about opportunity than trophy quality. Stags are hunted hard enough that they don't get all that large. Decent bulls taken every year, but few really large red stag on the large properties. They have a thriving high fence industry, and large stags are killed on small properties every year for premium prices. Not really hunting, in my book, but some go for it.
    It seems a good place to hunt to enjoy the country and most likely get a red stag, but I saw little indication of large stags on the free ranging properties.
    llp