Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We have enough seasons in Colorado already. I see nothing wrong with inline smoke poles or compound bows. What next rifle seasons that you have to use iron sights with. I bow hunt as well as smoke pole and rifle. I see nothing wrong with the way things are. If you want to hunt with an old school smoke pole than do it during smoke pole season. If you want to hunt with a recurve then we have an archery season. If you like rifle hunting we have a rifle season. I like to hunt with a lever action rifle for deer sometimes with open sights, I am not asking for a special season. I don't care if people shoot animals at 25 yards or 1000 yards. Hunters need to quit bickering over petty B.S and stand together against anti gun and anti hunting groups. This thread is ridiculous and needs to go away, enough is enough!
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to In God We Trust For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    It doesn't matter what you think. It's what the DOW thinks, and that's what I was passing on.

Interesting you make a post like you did, and then complain about bickering.
    Last edited by Old Hunter; 06-04-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I Definintly perfer Archery over anything else. I think as a Bowhunter you are actually a better Hunter. 9.5 out 10 times you are up close and personal to the animal you are hunting... And to get that Close it is like a Chess Game and you have to get into the mind of the Animal... I will ALWAYS enjoy the Challenge and the Thrill of Bowhunting.....

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Just thought you guys might want to see this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU6HAIm1pX4 I am pro Long range hunting, just because you dont have the skill to do it doesnt mean you should stomp on people who do. That is Shawn Carlock, patent holder of the 338 EDGE and developer of the 338 EDGE +P. His longest kill to date is an elk at 1310 yards with his 338 Edge (300 rum necked up to .338). heres another great video show casing the extreme accuracy of some of his long range hunting rigs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCMfTZuWB8

Thanks
    Congratulations
    cool video

Thanks
    Congratulations
    ivorytip, i see that you are from idaho, Shawn is from Northern Idaho.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
    Just thought you guys might want to see this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU6HAIm1pX4 I am pro Long range hunting, just because you dont have the skill to do it doesnt mean you should stomp on people who do. That is Shawn Carlock, patent holder of the 338 EDGE and developer of the 338 EDGE +P. His longest kill to date is an elk at 1310 yards with his 338 Edge (300 rum necked up to .338). heres another great video show casing the extreme accuracy of some of his long range hunting rigs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqCMfTZuWB8
    Good shooting. Where's the hunting part?

Some of us think there's a difference. Some don't. We don't have to agree. Hunt the way you want to, and stop saying we don't like it because we can't do it. Maybe we don't want to.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    X2....In God We Trust.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Hunter View Post
    Good shooting. Where's the hunting part?

Some of us think there's a difference. Some don't. We don't have to agree. Hunt the way you want to, and stop saying we don't like it because we can't do it. Maybe we don't want to.
    Put it this way, if i showed you that video and they said the range was 230 yards and it took .25 MOA up for elevation and shot, you would think "Hey that was a good ethical shot!" but since you know its 500+ yards you think its unethical?!?!

This guy practices and shoots at least 500 practice rounds a year not including hunting. The bullets he uses is $40 for a box of 50, his brass is $1 a piece or more, he uses around 90 grains of powder per shot. lets say he get 5 reloads out of each case. Thats $100 in brass+ $400 in bullets+ 6.5 pounds of powder at $23.99 a pound so $156 in powder so all that added up is $656 JUST in practice. That doesnt include gas money to get to where he practices.

Also he can shoot 1/2 MOA or better PAST 1500 yards so you cant tell me that him shooting at game at 1000 yards is unethical.

Lets say its the last day of your out of state mule deer hunt. There is 30 minutes of shooting light left and you see a 200" buck a 890 yards but you are not capable of makeing that shot and you cant get any closer, you would have to pass on the buck. On the other hand he is not out of range for me, or Shawn.

And one more thing then i will be done with my little rant, Shawn puts it this way, he said "I wont take a shot unless i would be completely astonished if i missed."

Ok, done with rant, go about your weekend.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Like I said. Good shooting.

If you knew me. You wouldn't ever ask me those what ifs. It's not my hunting style.