Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I switched from 3 blade Shuttle T's and Thunderheads to 4 blade Slick Trick Magnum's last year and I won't be switching back to either of the 3 blades I mentioned. The Slick Tricks fly better and resulted in an outstanding blood trail.

I don't know that means I prefer 4 blades but for now the one I prefer has 4 blades.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    ok... Here they are. Sorry to offend anyone but this has to make a believer out of some. Here is what the Rage 2 blade has done for me. I know it's just deer and elk is a whole other discussion. Both shots were either quartering to or away but seriously unreal.

Attachment 3130Attachment 3129
    I have real mixed reviews on the Rages.. I love the way they fly out of my bow, just like field points out to 50-60 yards, but I have NOT had the same experiences as you have Montana.. I have now shot a whitetail doe, a coyote and yesterday a turkey with Rages. I shot the whitetail first, at about 10 yards, right through both lungs. She left barely any blood, and I felt lucky to find her after 2 hours. The coyote was shot from about 15 yards, again right through both lungs. Zero blood, none at all. Didn't even find the dog.

Yesterday, I smacked a tom, the arrow went in right at the base of the wing, and out at the other base. He ran about 75 yards and stood there for about 30 minutes before I got tired of him standing around. He couldnt move very quickly, and he certainly couldnt fly, so I ran him down, and fishined him of with another shot.

All three of these shots were about as perfect as you can get, and I did recover 2 of the 3, but I don't feel like the head performed like it should. I can't in good faith shoot a Rage at anything again, not when I have a quiver full of Montecs... But, I felt like I had to give them one more chance to change my mind.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I shot a 2 blade years ago and had similar experiences with limited blood trails. I posted elsewhere but will again here. The following simple test will let you know the differences in holes you leave in an animal from a broadhead. Take a phone book and select 1 sheet. Pull it tight and push broadheads through different pages. Now stick your finger through each and compare. Thats why I've went to 4-blade. They leave a huge hole.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by cnalder View Post
    I shot a 2 blade years ago and had similar experiences with limited blood trails. I posted elsewhere but will again here. The following simple test will let you know the differences in holes you leave in an animal from a broadhead. Take a phone book and select 1 sheet. Pull it tight and push broadheads through different pages. Now stick your finger through each and compare. Thats why I've went to 4-blade. They leave a huge hole.
    The difference is penetration. If you shoot a fast bow then there by all means shoot a 3 or 4 blade. But for me I shoot a fairly slow bow and would rather have holes on both sides of an elk with a 2 blade than one hole with a 3 or 4 blade. Thats why im making the switch to a 2 blade.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Boy View Post
    The difference is penetration. If you shoot a fast bow then there by all means shoot a 3 or 4 blade. But for me I shoot a fairly slow bow and would rather have holes on both sides of an elk with a 2 blade than one hole with a 3 or 4 blade. Thats why im making the switch to a 2 blade.
    Very interesting... For what its worth, my bow is set at 58 lbs. Considered slow in these days I think.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 16 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Boy View Post
    I had mixed results on penetration as well.. The Rage's blew through the whitetail and the coyote, actually embedding into a log after passing through the whitetail. The first shot at the turkey almost passed through, but was still hanging on by the fletchings. The second shot on the bird went through the back, and still had about 8 inches of arrow sticking out of the back side.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Check out these websites. They test broadheads including penetration and durability.

http://www.american-hunter.com/broad...dhead_test.htm
    http://www.broadheadhunter.blogspot.com/

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Three blade fixed.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 52 Times in 9 Posts
    Here are a few of my Rage holes on blacktails. I really like them, but I like to put a narrow piece of scotch tape around the center to make sure the blades don't open at the shot. Another broadhead I like is the G5 T3. I've never hunted much with fixed blades.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just switched to the T3's last bow season and I love them. I have taken a deer and a turkey with them so far and can't find anything bad to say about them.