Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Spot on mntnguide

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 41 Times in 6 Posts
    I will be hunting with hounds if I draw Nv bear tag. A good buddy of mine is a Gov trapper in Nv and I have a open invite for him to come along. Also may use him in Cali this year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    I will be hunting with hounds if I draw Nv bear tag. A good buddy of mine is a Gov trapper in Nv and I have a open invite for him to come along. Also may use him in Cali this year.
    Hey IKC shoot me a PM if you are looking for any areas in CA. It won't cost you much. Lol

Thanks
    Congratulations
    As a kid my Dad and I tried to train lion dogs with little to no success. We busted our humps, bought pups from good bloodlines, to only have them chase elk, deer, wild horses, but never treed a cat. It was rewarding workin with the dogs and was a lot of fun setting a scent trail and having them bay at the hide in the tree. Lack of time was the demise of our project, if you have the time it can be done. Full Cry is a awesome magazine if you decide to give it go.
    Good luck!
    Confidence is contagious, so is the lack of - Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I used to run Star Mtn Plotts and had a great time doing it for about twenty years. I ran Bear, Coon, Lion, and hogs. I started from pups and trained them myself. I then became burned out from all the politics involved with it and decided to quit for a while. I will probly get back into it when I retire. When I did run hounds that was all I did. I considered everything else to be trash. You have to dedicate your life and family to them if you want top hounds capable of treeing a high percentage of the game they run. Right now I'm enjoying hunting other things that I have not pursued or taken, like "Trophy" Deer, Elk, Antelope, Moose, caribou...so on. Everything that doesn't climb a tree . I'm thinking about trying to hunt bear this fall without hounds. Just to see whats its like. I have taken soooooo many bears in the past, miss eating that delicious peppered bear jerky....
    Last edited by bigshot; 04-20-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Just like everyone else said. Lots of work but lots of fun too. They take you places you would never even think about walking to. And don't forget how addicting they can be

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by bigshot View Post
    I used to run Star Mtn Plotts and had a great time doing it for about twenty years. I ran Bear, Coon, Lion, and hogs. I started from pups and trained them myself. I then became burned out from all the politics involved with it and decided to quit for a while. I will probly get back into it when I retire. When I did run hounds that was all I did. I considered everything else to be trash. You have to dedicate your life and family to them if you want top hounds capable of treeing a high percentage of the game they run. Right now I'm enjoying hunting other things that I have not pursued or taken, like "Trophy" Deer, Elk, Antelope, Moose, caribou...so on. Everything that doesn't climb a tree . I'm thinking about trying to hunt bear this fall without hounds. Just to see whats its like. I have taken soooooo many bears in the past, miss eating that delicious peppered bear jerky....
    Bigshot,
    You are the only person that has done more and killed more game in Ca. Than me. What bothers me most is that you are younger than me. Keep kickin ass my young friend !