Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lighters?

Thanks

Lighters?

What kind of lighter does everyone use while out in the backcountry? I had a Colibri butane lighter that I used for years and really liked, but unfortunately, I recently lost it. Looking on the internet has turned up few results of a lighter that is similar to the one I had; windproof, altitude adjustable, reliable, refillable, etc.

It's interesting that I couldn't find much on this. I feel like starting a fire is the number one way to stay alive if SHTF. I like to be redundant in this area and carry multiple methods, but I would really like to find a super reliable, go-to lighter that puts out a super hot flame.

Thanks
    I'd be interested to know what guys carry for this as well. Around my neck of the woods getting stuck outside is a non-issue.

I currently carry a striker stick with some starter cubes and lent. Do most guys carry a gas lighter?

Thanks
    I just carry a lightweight butane lighter. Fire starter, chapstick that I typically carry or cotton balls soaked in petroleum jelly works well to have on hand as well and it does not weigh much.

Thanks
    I carry a waterproof canister of matches, and a stick and striker type firestarter. The matches have never failed me yet.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Thanks
    Lightweight butane lighter as well, With a backup BIC in the survival kit if need be.

Thanks
    Two mini bics, small pack of storm-proof matches, tiny flint and four cotton balls in vaseline.

Thanks
    I carry a butane lighter, bic lighter, matches, and one of those magnesium strikers you can shave off the handle for tinder, along with cotton balls soaked in vaseline in a film canister. If I am on the horse I also carry a road flare. That sucker will burn forever and get any wet wood going.
    Shoot STR8

Thanks
    For me, i carry a windproof refillable butane lighter, one or two backup bics, vaseline soaked cotton balls and one or two MRE fuel sticks. Maybe a little over kill, but if i have to unexpectedly spend the night on the mountain, the last thing i want to worry about is how to stay warm.

Thanks
    What brands and models of butane lighters?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUcat61 View Post
    What brands and models of butane lighters?
    It's a SOLO brand, and the real cool part is it has a compass on the lid for the times your REALY LOST