Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wyoming antelope hunt questions

Hi, two buddies and I are looking to burn our points (2.5) on a Wyoming antelope hunt this year. We're planning on hunting mid-october or later and hoping to find an area that has a good amount of public access that offers a chance at mid seventies or better animals (given 5/6 days of hard hunting). After looking over the MRS we've narrowed our choices down to 90-1, 67, 74, 75, or possibly 114. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with these units to help us make our decision. Thanks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If I'm reading the #s right, you can scratch a couple of those choices- last year in 90-1 there were 19 apps for 14 spots w/3 pts, 165 w/<3 pts and no tags left. In 114 the tags were gone at the <4 level. It could always change & they are bumping tag #s up in many units but I'd scour the NR PP demand report. I haven't hunted it but 74 catches my eye, it could be drawn w/2 pts last year.

Final caution, there are 2420 guys holding max pts, 2956 w/4, 4165 w/3. The target can move, last year's 2.5 pt tag could take 3.5 this year.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My avatar/profile picture is of the antelope I took in 74 last year. Fun hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just applied for 90-1 and forked up the extra cash for the special draw. It looked good to me in eastmans but i have never been there before. i have 2 pps and should be able to draw it. go to wyoming G and F website and you can look at harvest surveys and draw odds to double check things. another choice for you could be 90-2 it is quite larger and has similar success and draw odds. i have never been to wyoming for antelope but this is just the info i have gathered the past couple years i have been building points. i will be going in sept so if you pick 90-1 i could let you know what i find out.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    We put in yesterday for the same area (special) for many of the same reasons that you did, and it's a little closer to home (CA) than the other areas we were looking at. Hopefully we all draw and the weather cooperates with a mild spring! We hunted antelope near Kaycee, WY for the first time in 2007. It was a fun hunt and we all shot 12.5"-13.5" goats. This time around we'll try and hold out for bigger ones, at least that's the plan. I'd be glad to share info with you when I start doing some more research.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hopefully we do. From what I've seen we should but this is my first time in Wy. Im on the Central Coast of Cali too. and was trying to find a good area close home and also to Co. My friend and I are going to get over the counter archery elk tags near Delta where we have a place to stay. We have both shot elk and mule deer with rifles in the past 4 years and now have taken up the archery challenge. I dont have to much info yet on 90-1 just a good map from USGS with the BLM and forest boundaries. Do you know when the rut starts? I'm going to take up some info I got on my post about the unit and call the Biologist for the area. I'll keep in touch. good luck.