Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Muzzle Breaks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what having a rifle magna ported i called the local gun shop and reccomended having my 7 mag magna ported instead of a muzzle brake any have any insight on that ?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 71 Times in 9 Posts
    No. I don't think I have ever heard of it before

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I had a TC Contender pistol in 30-30 cal, that was Mag-na-ported and it worked great. I believe it cut down the recoil by about 35%. They cut two small angled slits on the sides of the barrel. Its not an eye sore as a muzzle break.
    Last edited by bigshot; 07-17-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gator7275 View Post
    what having a rifle magna ported i called the local gun shop and reccomended having my 7 mag magna ported instead of a muzzle brake any have any insight on that ?
    I have the mag na port on my super redhawk in 44 mag. It helps a lot with muzzle jump as the gases are only exiting upward. It does not change the apperance of the barrel hardly at all and my front sights are still there. I think this is more for pistols than rifles as a true muzzle break allows the gasses to exit 360 degrees.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Porting won't be as effective as a muzzle brake, and it can't be removed. Which is important if you get in a situation when it can't be used.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I had a magna brake installed on my 300 RUM quite awhile back. Shrunk my groups in half. Reduced recoil by about 40% like they said.
    Kicks about like a .308 at most. Louder, oh yeah but I don't shoot from the bench without ear protection. You fire one shot while hunting. Deal with the ear ringing for awhile. If you have to fire more than one shot, the second shot won't bother your ears at all...
    Damage already done. I too like some on here said ruined my ears at a young age shooting 44 mag pistols and 7 Rem mag rifles, etc. without protection. Constant ringing in ears and about half hearing in left ear. All from being young and ignorant. I make my son wear protection all the time. On a rifle if 4 ports were cut I believe they say it reduces recoil by 30 %. A little quieter and cleaner looking it true. My 460 S&W XVR has a factory muzzle brake on it. I would never even hunt with it without putting ear plugs in before shot if at all possible ! Shooting from a bench after 10 shots it feels like somebody slugging you in the face from the muzzle blast. Have a TC 25 Bullbery rifle barrel that was ported by them. it's a 30-30 necked to .25 cal. Kicks like a 22 mag. just those 3. Ok, I'm done now. got my 100th post.