Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheep Hunting

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been putting in for a sheep tag in my home state of NM for 10 years now and have yet to draw. I've only heard and read stories about sheep and sheep hunting. I heard they were great tasting and the mount in the living room is a majestic one at that. Can't wait to find out for myself.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    I would waste my time hunting with a stick for sheep, especially after I spent the time to draw a tag.

Then again I quit bowhunting in the early 1990s, and unless some strange law keeps me from rifles I won't bowhunt again. I might end up with a crossbow if things are favorable, but I doubt it.

An unused sheep tag is liking paying a $20,000 high dollar prostitute for her nightly services, and then making her sleep in the truck.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The "sheep" industry itself is huge! I always pictured it as a rich man's sport after hearing what a Marco polo tag goes for and the price some guys pay for governers tags. But I picked up a issue of the wild sheep foundation mag. And it really opened my eyes guys that are addicted to hunting sheep will sell their cars home and kids to feed the need. And after being blessed with the oppurtunity to tag along on a sheep hunt it all came together. Besides the fact we all want what we can't have ex. (a sheep tag). It's a truly different style of hunting that lasts all day! No down time. no naps in the afternoon. At least that was my experience. Now I hope and pray to draw a tag of my own every season.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    I would waste my time hunting with a stick for sheep, especially after I spent the time to draw a tag.

Then again I quit bowhunting in the early 1990s, and unless some strange law keeps me from rifles I won't bowhunt again. I might end up with a crossbow if things are favorable, but I doubt it.
    And thats what separates the boys from men haha

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yep little boys wound game with a bow and responsible rifle hunters kill them like men.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    The "sheep" industry itself is huge! I always pictured it as a rich man's sport after hearing what a Marco polo tag goes for and the price some guys pay for governers tags. But I picked up a issue of the wild sheep foundation mag. And it really opened my eyes guys that are addicted to hunting sheep will sell their cars home and kids to feed the need. And after being blessed with the oppurtunity to tag along on a sheep hunt it all came together. Besides the fact we all want what we can't have ex. (a sheep tag). It's a truly different style of hunting that lasts all day! No down time. no naps in the afternoon. At least that was my experience. Now I hope and pray to draw a tag of my own every season.
    I have personally owned 3 sheep tags, 2 NM Aoudad tags, and an Alaska TMU tag from a few years ago. None got filled. I have also been on 2 unsuccessful ibex hunts. Nothing worse than sheep fever.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Sheep are on my list but I'll take a mule deer hunt over anything.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 1 Post
    Its real hard for me to get fired up about sheep hunting here in WA. With the draw odds so low, you have a better chance to hit the Lotto. Then again, I've seen enought sheep in WA while chukar hunting and driving the back roads that I will get all fired up when and if I ever daw a tag for them.
    But like Keepitcold, I rather have 3 or 4 mule deer hunts in limited draw trophy areas than one sheep hunt before I pass on. Hunting big mule deer can get just as addictive , at least for me.
    I drew a WA goat tag in 1992 and that may be as close to a sheep hunting experience as I will get, especially at age 62.
    Good luck to all those who apply for sheep in difference states every year. I really enjoy reading your stories about your hunt.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My wife and I started applying here in Colorado this year. Let the process begin! I can't imagine applying out of state ... rich man's sport indeed.
    DIY til I DIE

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Its hard to believe until you've had a sheep tag, but once you do the fever is real, unfortunately there is no real known cure, other than another sheep hunt.