Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
Responsible-Having an obligation to do something as part of a job or role.

Man- An adult human male.

I know the dictionary doesn't spell it out but a responsible man doesn't critize other sportsman with alike beliefs and thoughts for using other applicable means of weapons and styles to take big game. It may spell it out in the book of common sense but I don't have that book with me at the moment.
Responsible: An obligation to do something? You mean like not wound an animal, right?

I quit bowhunting because the more I did it, the more I could see it was just a matter of time before I screwed things up and wounded and lost an animal. I was a traditional Archer, but it wasn't about that, it was about spending time outdoors.

I know a lot of rifle hunters that don't practice very much, and get through a lot of seasons without wounding an animal. They can get away with it, technology (albeit from the 1850s) is on their side.

With Archery the amount of practice and personal responsibility a guy has to have is huge. I am tired of watching archers wound animals on TV, only to find them 3 days later. That animal suffered, and it shows a huge sense of irresponsibility on the part of the hunter that he or she shot at the animal in the first place if they didn't have a 90% chance of killing the animal.

Responsibility is all about obligation, obligation to the animal that it doesn't suffer, responsibility to the hunting community that we are not portrayed as slobs, and more than anything else personal responsibility to ourselves that when someone shouldn't be bowhunting they aren't allowed to.

Modern Bowhunting is not the "Zen of Hunting", it's not pure, considering that crossbows have been on this planet for fully 500 years longer than compounds, it's not even traditional. I have a lot of respect for archers that don recurves and longbows, but everyone needs to take a step back and rethink what is going on here.

The Archery community seems to think it is ok to wound and loose an animal, and that is a complete 180 from responsible game management.