Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Archery Hunts

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Archery Hunts

New to the forum just wanted to get some opinions for archery hunts. X3a and X5a.Not looking for secret spots just your thoughts on these areas if you've hunted them or know of someones past experiences.Anything is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    there is better hunting in the hills to your west.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    The X zone hunts are premium zones. Harder to draw a tag but good for the public land hunter typically. I don't have much feedback on X3a or X5a other than seeing the harvest stats. Welcome to the forum JGuenth.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    JNDEER thanks for the reply just kind of wanted to try something new you know what I mean. Get on some spot and stalk bow hunts.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Kevin appreciate the reply. Yeah, I have some points burning in my pocket, may hold out for the late season Covelo A30 archery hunt but just weighing my options you know. Thanks for the welcoming.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post
    Good thread starting here. I've also been weighing my options on what to do with my CA deer points. An archery muley hunt would be cool, and it doesn't take that many points. But, for not that much more money and fewer points there are WAY better out of state archery muley hunts to be had. Holding out another year or two for the Covelo tag is another option, but on the other hand I've got a bunch of nice blacktails already and that hunt seems to be really hit and miss these days. I know it was awful last season. A24, the late season Monterey County hunt in my home area is a good one for the private properties I hunt down there... but time will be limited as I am in Sonoma County attending the University and I can't do as much trail camming and scouting to find the biggest bucks.

Looking forward to seeing more responses to your post JGuenth. And welcome to the Forum!

Todd

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ya the covelo tag is definitely a good option if u can hold out how many points do you have? But like BSA said there's is also good options in other states And the x zones are good options but pretty coveted tags But with anything just gotta put in the time and effort

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Here's my two cents. I was raised in northern Ca. during the mule deer haydays, hunted the X zones before they were X zones and saw a LOT of deer. IMO, the high profile units such as X-5B and X-5A are living on there reputation of years ago. The hunter success rates clearly prove this out. If your setting on a pile of points there are better options.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hey guys thanks for all the responses they are great, I appreciate it. My 3PP should get me a decent Xzone archery tag. Covelo would be cool but like others say it so hit and miss. The thing I like about the Xzone archery tags is they are very limited compared to what I deal with archery hunting the Bzones. I can't wait to hopefully pull the string on a nice muley.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ya that should give you good odds for a archery X zone the ones you are talking bout I think the minimum of points to get drawn are 3 or 2 would have to look at the regs and have check it out good luck I'm sure everyone is counting the days for draw results and seasons to start I know I am