Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The mountains of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 19 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    i will check into it. But i believe idaho only lets you put in for one species only. doesn't matter wether deer, elk, sheep, moose, etc. only one species per year. The unlimited contolled hunt tags are different.
    I will be going into fish and game in a couple of days to apply for mountain goat. i will ask.
    ...You can put in for all 3 elk/deer/antelope as either resident or non-resident as long as you dont put in for A moose, goat or sheep. Regulations state that clearly, as well as i know from experience.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    I just got done talking to idaho fish and game. you are only allowed to put in for one species on the controlled hunts. if you put in for deer, you can't put in for elk, or moose, etc. Just one game species. Depridation and unlimited controlled hunts are different.
    It is not one species for each of the 2 controlled hunt application periods.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tim, I'm not sure what IF&G told you, but I know what they told me. I think I would double check if I were you. See image below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ifg.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	3272
    http://www.idahoman.com/ - an online, outdoors focused magazine, highlighting hunting, fishing, the land, and the issues surrounding those opportunities in Idaho.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 35 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    I just got done talking to idaho fish and game. you are only allowed to put in for one species on the controlled hunts. if you put in for deer, you can't put in for elk, or moose, etc. Just one game species. Depridation and unlimited controlled hunts are different. It is not one species for each of the 2 controlled hunt application periods.
    Hey Tim, the info you got about applying for only "one specie", only applies to the first application period.

The correct information for applying in Idaho has already been stated several times in this thread.

1. You can apply in the first application period OR the second application period. You cannot apply in both application periods.

2. If you apply in the first application period, you can only apply for one specie (moose OR sheep OR goat).

3. If you apply in the second application period you can apply for all species (deer AND elk AND antelope).

Here is how the Idaho Fish and Game regs state it:

FIRST APPLICATION PERIOD REGS: "A person may apply for only one species. Any person applying for any moose, bighorn sheep, or mountain goat hunt is prohibited from applying for any other big game controlled hunt in the same year. Except: They may apply for a controlled depredation hunt for deer, elk, or pronghorn, a controlled black bear hunt, or leftover deer, elk or pronghorn controlled hunt tag, an unlimited controlled hunt, or extra deer, elk, pronghorn, or turkey hunt."

SECOND APPLICATION PERIOD REGS: "Applicants for controlled hunts for deer, elk, pronghorn or black bear must submit a nonrefundable application fee with each application."

Here is how "Huntin Fool" states it:

FIRST APPLICATION PERIOD: "You may apply for one moose OR sheep OR goat permit. If you apply in this drawing you may not apply later for the regular deer, elk and/or antelope drawing."

SECOND APPLICATION PERIOD: "If you applied for sheep, moose or goat you cannot apply for deer, elk or antelope, except for the leftover hunt drawings held in August."

Thanks
    Congratulations
    we have one hunt left for rifle that is during the rut. visit our web at www.chavezcreekhuntingllc.com
    Give me a call if you have any questions at all. The hunt is oct. 1 thru 5th.
    Thanks, Blaine 719-843-5223

Thanks
    Congratulations
    im going to wy sept. 26 on a rifle rut hunt on a gen. tag we drew with one point. not sure if its the best elk hunting but im sure it'll be a blast for my first elk hunt!