Thread: Mt. Emily Elk

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mt. Emily Elk

I have the points to draw a NR Mt. Emily archery elk tag this year. Figure I better try while it's an off year for outfitter tags. I have a good chance at a conflicting Utah tag. Does OR allow you to turn your tag back in if necessary? Anybody been to Emily lately? Thanks.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hey Zim,
    I hunted the Mt. Emily unit a little bit this last fall and ran into some nice bulls probably between 330 and 350 class. Now i am not sure if you can turn a tag back in. Are you wondering if you would get a refund? You have until the night before the hunt to purchase the tag. I am looking at the regs and I have not found anything that says you can turn a tag back in. If I where you I would get on Oregon's fish and wildlife site and research or find a number to contact them about it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. But good luck in the draws.
    Joe Buttice
    Twisted Addiction
    Oregon State University
    Forest Management
    Bennett Lumber Products Inc.
    Lumber Salesman

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I don't know much about the unit. I do know that if you draw the tag you WILL go to zero points, even if you don't buy the tag. So if you have the point to draw you better plan on going if you apply, otherwise just buy another point.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Ya I finally found that in the regs. Actually checked the dates and I can do the hunt I expect in Utah then go on to Oregon. I'd have at least 11 days in OR. However, it doesn't look so good any more that I'll draw. I saw a couple guys post on MM they were going for this tag with more points than me. They must have been either point buyers or previously applying for Weneha, because last year there was only one other in my point pool. But I'll put in and see what happens.

I am allowed to turn back in the Utah tag if I get it. Would get both my money and points back.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 31 Times in 6 Posts
    Zim, my understanding is in Utah if you draw the tag and want to return it and get your points back you will have to forfeit the tag fee. That is the way it has been for years, unless that has changed in the last couple years or so.

Oregon is my home state, and I know of a hunt you might be interested in applying for. I had plenty of points for Mt. Emily and chose this hunt instead, and had a great time. If you are interested PM me.