Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation Bank of America does not support Gun Industry

I found this on another forum and thought i should share for some food for thought this was posted by the director of ops at McMillan

Anyone who knows McMillan, knows they make some of the best rifle stocks out there. Most of our military arms have a McMillan on it. This is what BofA said to them recently. I'm in the process of closing out my accounts.

Status Update
    By McMillan Group International
    McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
    At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possible save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.”
    “That is correct” he says.
    I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”
    “You have to do what you must” he said.
    “So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”
    Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.

I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sorry but I'll take B of A over Chase any day of the week, ditch both and head to a credit union or Ally is my advice though.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I don't need BOA !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 2 Posts
    I'll be honest, I didn't quite believe this but the message is actually posted on mcmillan's facebook page. I have the conservation card thru bass pro shops. I will be emailing them shortly requesting they find a different carrier. I will not use their card until they do.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    ya i can see where ppl would think that this is a rumor but isnt NRA posted an article on facebook about this and i just recently left b of a to go to a credit union due to other things than this but now im definitely glad that i switched banks

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I closed all my BA accounts a couple years ago because of some other issues. Now I'm really glad that I did. You can bet that this is going to backfire on them in the future. As if they don't have enough problems already.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I pay my boa credit card off every month as it comes in,so they don't get a dollar of intrest off me. At the same time I earn rewards . So they are paying me.
    -NRA Life Member
    -Wild Sheep Foundation, <1 club

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 10 Posts
    I left b of a years ago and even more glad I did now! What did chase do?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muleys 24/7 View Post
    I pay my boa credit card off every month as it comes in,so they don't get a dollar of intrest off me. At the same time I earn rewards . So they are paying me.
    Actually, yes they do get quite a few dollars from you. They make money from your account in the form of transaction fews they charge vendors, the "X" number of days access to your money and the interest that it draws prior to you paying your account off, the effect your purcheses have on their overall portfolio, the effect the "number of cards issued" has on the deal they negotiate with the issuing company (visa, mastercard, etc.) and a host of other ways. This may not be cash directly out of your pocket but that cash out of your pocket isn't by any stretch the only or even most profitable way they make money off of you. Having their card period, makes them money.

Does anyone know who's card the NRA uses? I have a Cabelas card, they don't use on outside bank but started their own "bank". It is a fairly good deal as far as credit cards go. Other wise AmEX is okay if you pay it off. There are still places that don't take it though. As for banks I have been at US bank for awhile and am reasonably happy.
    Last edited by ChadH; 04-21-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 9 Times in 2 Posts
    I quit BoA years ago as well. Had them for personal as well as business. They never gave 2 $hits about me or my account. I dropped them the first chance I got. Few months ago my guy at Edward Jones told me of a good stock that had received a lot of bad press(BoA) but was probably a good stock to buy b/c it was so cheap. Basically told him I wouldn't "Pi$$ on them Some Beaches if they was on Fire". Translation...I don't care if they could make me rich that is how much I despise that company. I fully support everyone doing their part not to do business with them. Wish everyone would and they would go out of business. Oh wait my bad I forgot the govt would bail their big sorry a$$ out. Sorry for the rant but I do approve this message.