Thread: the 375 H&H

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts

the 375 H&H

Which animals have you shot with the classic 375 H&H? (other .375's could be included, say which one if not the H&H)

include the bullet weight, animal, and result, ie...bang flop, 1 shot, 3shots, lost.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I just got into the 375 H&H this year so I haven't killed any animals with it yet.

I've been thinking about taking it bear hunting in May though.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Brown Bear and a cow elk. Both were shot with a 285 g Grand Slam bullet, handload. I am normally a Nosler fan but I could not get the 300 g Nosler Partition to shoot very well and the 285's shot awesome.

The brown bear was walking at 28 yards and the bullet went in his armpit (his foot/leg must have been forward when the bullet impacted) he growled, spun and bit the bullet entry hole, fell off a 6' high cliff into a creek where we could see the condensation from his breath rising above the cliff bank. He took a few breaths and it was over. Clean pass through, exit hole about the size of a quarter, MASSIVE internal damage. He was a large brownie, squared 9'8" with no Alaska stretch.

The cow elk was at about 100 yards, same bullet/handload combo. The bullet passed through with little expansion behind her shoulder and she ran 25 yards before piling up. Not a lot of damage, was actually a good meat load.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    WellI guess it's a game animal, 3 woodchucks. It was a friends 375 H&H M70 Super Grade. They did in fact die. I guess chucks out to 100 or so yards are well within the capabilities of the big Holland and Holland. Fun stuff!