Hybrid View

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post

Old eyes and Lasik surgery

I was in glasses for about 40 years. About 10 years ago, I had lasik surgery done and am now free of glasses. As of late I now wear cheap magnification glasses just for reading. I also notice that the rear sight on my muzzleloader is a little tough to see ( fuzzy). Has anybody had this done and familiar with what I am talking about? Did you go back in and have yourself zapped again? Do you wear glasses again? Im probably good for this year but wonder about the next few years.

So.Cal., but don't hold that against me...UPDATE, soon to be NM
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had lasik about 8 years ago. I was both near-sighted and far-sighted, but rather than getting one eye adjusted to see far away and the other for close up (mono-vision I believe they call it) I elected to get both eyes adjusted for my far away vision so that I would be able to identify ducks better. For about the first four years I could read without glasses but then my eyes slowly worked their ways back to not being able to read without reading glasses (I continue to see just fine far away). From my understanding they (the Drs) over adjust your eyes when they do lasik because your eyes will work themselves back a bit over time. In fact someone told me that you are born with your eyes out of wack (that is they are out of wack) but when you are younger the muscle in your eyes just adjust to see properly. As you get older those muscles are not as strong and your eyes slowly cannot keep up and you have "fuzzy" vision. I have heard that your eyes will eventually go back to being "out of wack" after time of lasik, so lasik doesn't last forever. I am just glad that I can identify ducks just fine, its well worth trade off having to wear glasses to read today. After all we must keep our priorities in proper order.