Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Quads / ATV

Thanks
    I have a 2005 Honda Rincon and absolutely love it! I have not done anything to it but a battery and a set of tires. I think I have close to 6000 miles on it. It has by far been the best bike i've owned. The only down fall is the tranny, a little high geared but the motor makes up for it in power. Comfortable, easy steering in and out of 4x4 without power steering, good ground clearance but not top heavy like the grizzlys. I have riden a couple of others and would still prefer mine over the others. I am tempted to look into the arctic cats. They are one of the few that offer a 500 class with independent suspension and fuel injection. We are a Yamaha family which have been good bikes to but i still like the honda more, like i said it has a couple downfalls but overall and all around its great!

Thanks
    Took me a while to find this thread. I'm glad to see so many of us own or use atv's during hunting. I hate the hole People who ride ATV's are lazy and no good. I had a run in with (horse people) this hunting season that shows no matter what you ride there will be some bad apples. Don't get to upset about my (horse people) comment. I use horses during hunting season as well.

My wife works for a Polaris dealer here in Wy. So my opinion might be slightly biased. lol. I think I have owned almost every brand out there. I now have gotten rid of my quads and have a RZR 50" and an arctic cat prowler. Hunting on ATV's was getting a little to cold during late Oct. rifle hunts at 10000 ft.

My prowler is an 08 so it is the carbed version. For the last 3 years I had an 2007 Arctic cat 500 and a 2011 Polaris 500 HO (carb). I also had a suzuki vinson 500 years ago. The biggest thing I did and do not like about the Arctic cat and suzuki 500 (same engine) is that they did not like the transition from 4500 ft where I live to 9000 to 10000 ftt where I hunt. They bog like crazy at high elevation. I have re jetted them to only gain a little. The Polaris and honda's don't seem to be nearly affected by the altitude. My friend has a 2004 honda forman 300 or 350? It seems like it will out perform his vinson and my cat at 90000 ft.

I do have to say though that the arctic at was tuff. It had some 5000 hard miles on it and the previous owner did not take care of it. I put brakes and some cv shafts on it and rode it.

Also, I live in a town that has good Arctic Cat, Can-am, and Polaris dealers. Our Yamaha/Honda dealer is horrible. Our town shows it. Lots of prowlers, Can-am's and Polaris's around. Not many yami's or Honda's.

Thanks
    The Honda is already jetted lean for best fuel mileage so it works better at altitude. I have both Can Am and Honda. Rubicon 500 and Foreman 500 in Honda line. Honda Rubicon is a good work atv while the Can Am is the best trail atv of my three.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Service rig/hunting rig with the huckle buck tree stand on the roof. Hahhaah
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    That's what I'm talking about IKIC, how do you like the tracks? I have heard good and bad things about the tracks, just think they would be awesome in the snow. I been wanting a Polaris Ranger for about a year now, just not affordable quite yet.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tdub24 View Post
    That's what I'm talking about IKIC, how do you like the tracks? I have heard good and bad things about the tracks, just think they would be awesome in the snow. I been wanting a Polaris Ranger for about a year now, just not affordable quite yet.
    That Unit ain't mine. Saw it the the innerweb. The guy I hunt cats has tracks on his ranger and they are awesome in the snow.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.

Thanks
    I just got done fixing my Honda 300 fourtrax. It got wrecked pretty bad a few years back and bent the frame. My engine and everything else was in good shape so I got a used frame for it. Before I put the new frame in I welded 1/4x2 steel to the lower frame rails to reinforce it and protect it from rocks since my old frame was beat up pretty bad. It came out great and I did the whole thing with used parts for under $500!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	040913_0950[01].jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	5446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	040913_0950[00].jpg 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	5447Click image for larger version. 

Name:	040913_0949[00].jpg 
Size:	74.2 KB