Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    marcusvdk, do you have max elk points? I have several buddies who are at max and still haven't drew a tag.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lostriverproductions View Post
    marcusvdk, do you have max elk points? I have several buddies who are at max and still haven't drew a tag.
    not yet but getting there

Thanks
    another year "unsuccessful" with 9 chances

Thanks
    Yup another year unsuccessful for me on both the bear and elk front here in michigan looks like just deer and turkey this fall for me

Thanks
    Well guys, I got lucky this year....after applying for a Michigan Elk Tag for 30 yrs. I finally drew one. Although it is not a bull tag, its for an anterless elk, kind of bittersweet. My hunt date is December 7th thru 15th 2013. Looking forward to some Elk meat for once. I have three (3) preference points in Wyoming and will have four (4) soon as I will purchase another this year.

Don't really want to mount a cow head head, but would like a momento from the hunt. Anyone have any ideas? I have never shot an elk that wasn't hit by a vehicle first!...lol

I am headed to Wyoming for an pronghorn hunt in October, so am looking forward to that. Hunting the Douglas area as we have for many years. I was hoping to draw an elk tag for the Laramie peak area, which is in a trophy area. Anyone have any thoughts on another area with decent harvest opportunity?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Don't really want to mount a cow head head, but would like a momento from the hunt. Anyone have any ideas?
    You could always do something with her ivories. Maybe tan the hide.
    Can't spell scum without U&M... Go 'Cats!

Thanks
    Ivories...
    Pm sent

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Well guys, I got lucky this year....after applying for a Michigan Elk Tag for 30 yrs. I finally drew one. Although it is not a bull tag, its for an anterless elk, kind of bittersweet. My hunt date is December 7th thru 15th 2013. Looking forward to some Elk meat for once. I have three (3) preference points in Wyoming and will have four (4) soon as I will purchase another this year.

Don't really want to mount a cow head head, but would like a momento from the hunt. Anyone have any ideas? I have never shot an elk that wasn't hit by a vehicle first!...lol

I am headed to Wyoming for an pronghorn hunt in October, so am looking forward to that. Hunting the Douglas area as we have for many years. I was hoping to draw an elk tag for the Laramie peak area, which is in a trophy area. Anyone have any thoughts on another area with decent harvest opportunity?
    I would tan the hide and get the ivories. Also congrats even if its a cow tag it will still be cool to be able to hunt a elk in your home state.

Thanks
    Thanks for the ideas guys....I think that is what Ill do...save the ivories and tan the hide. Yes, I am looking forward to the hunt. Thanks again.