Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting Partner

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 37 Times in 2 Posts
    I gave up on finding a new hunting partner. I hunt with my dad and brother when we get the chance. I had a good friend burn me on a backpacking spot that I showed him. He ended up bringing 3 other guys into that spot and now they all hunt it. Needless to say I found a new place to hunt.
    I am taking my soon to be wife on her first elk and deer hunt this year in Colorado. If she likes it she will be my new hunting partner. She already like to go back packing and scouting with me so I am confident she will enjoy the hunting experience. A good hunting spot is getting harder and harder to come by. I am to the point that I only trust my family with keeping these places under wraps.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 30 Times in 1 Post
    I've pretty much given up on finding a new hunting partner as well. I find that if I am hunting with someone who doesnt match my hunting style, it almost takes the fun out of it and I tend to get annoyed. I have a lot of fun hunting but I also take it very seriously. I like to hunt hard. It's hard to find another girl that likes to get off the beaten path and isn't afraid to really work for it. I have no problem hiking 10+ miles a day if need be. I shed hunt farther than that so I definitely dont have a problem going after an elk or a deer or anything that far. The problem I run into is that most of the people that match my hunting style are men and most wives or girlfriends arent real keen on letting their significant other hunt with another female. I have a couple friends that have outfitting businesses here and I tried to be a guide for them and their wives wouldn't allow me to be a guide because of the amount of time spend afield with their significant other. I don't mind hunting by myself but I would definitely enjoy having some company. I like to share the hunt and excitement with someone.

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jenbickel View Post
    I've pretty much given up on finding a new hunting partner as well. I find that if I am hunting with someone who doesnt match my hunting style, it almost takes the fun out of it and I tend to get annoyed. I have a lot of fun hunting but I also take it very seriously. I like to hunt hard. It's hard to find another girl that likes to get off the beaten path and isn't afraid to really work for it. I have no problem hiking 10+ miles a day if need be. I shed hunt farther than that so I definitely dont have a problem going after an elk or a deer or anything that far. The problem I run into is that most of the people that match my hunting style are men and most wives or girlfriends arent real keen on letting their significant other hunt with another female. I have a couple friends that have outfitting businesses here and I tried to be a guide for them and their wives wouldn't allow me to be a guide because of the amount of time spend afield with their significant other. I don't mind hunting by myself but I would definitely enjoy having some company. I like to share the hunt and excitement with someone.
    I wish I had met someone like you when I was younger.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Colorado isn't too far away!! Haha

Banned
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    True, but my 10+ mile hikes are in the past. Just an old guy trying to survive now.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 23 Times in 1 Post
    My wife likes to hike and do some outdoor stuff. I made a joke that she could be the camp chief and keep me company at the tent. However she wasn't too sure about it.

Nebraska Outlander

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If you are willing to be a mentor to an inexperienced (less than a year) hunter in eastern Nebraska I am a willing to be a good student. I am a 42 year old, 22 year military veteran looking to establish a hunting tradition in my family. My son and 2 daughters all want to hunt big game and turkey so I would love to gain and share knowledge.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm all about gaining and sharing knowledge!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Old Hunter, how old are you?

My buddy and I have started hunting in CO and stay with my cousin in Nathrop, just a couple miles down the road from you. In fact, they go to church in BV.

We just put in for points this year and hope to hunt mulies next year close to there. We're in our late 50s.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sometimes you just get lucky. I moved into a new house and took a few days of settling in before getting around to meeting the neighbors. A few weeks later my neighbor across the street noticed me cleaning my shotguns after a quail hunt. He couldn't talk long as he was packing the family up for a little night out on the town. Next time we talked, the subject of bowhunting came up and the rest is history. Hunting buddies through and through. Neither of had any idea that the other was an avid hunter and we've been friends ever since!