Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting Partner

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hoshour View Post
    Old Hunter, how old are you?

My buddy and I have started hunting in CO and stay with my cousin in Nathrop, just a couple miles down the road from you. In fact, they go to church in BV.

We just put in for points this year and hope to hunt mulies next year close to there. We're in our late 50s.
    I missed this. I'll be 70 in Dec. Stop laughing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Varejcka View Post
    If you are willing to be a mentor to an inexperienced (less than a year) hunter in eastern Nebraska I am a willing to be a good student. I am a 42 year old, 22 year military veteran looking to establish a hunting tradition in my family. My son and 2 daughters all want to hunt big game and turkey so I would love to gain and share knowledge.
    Sorry Varejcka,

I haven't been around for a while been pretty busy working on stuff around the house and surviving the heat. I am actually a little younger than you are (34) and if your interested hanging around a younger guy we could talk.

Lately I been working on a custom muzzleloader and hope to have it finished here in a couple weeks. Along with spending time with family and fishing.

If your good with learning something from someone younger shoot me a message and we can try to touch base.

by the way I live in Omaha so I am on the eastern side of Nebraska also.

Nebraska Outlander

Thanks
    I turned 70 last month. A good friend told me that I cant hunt solo. He said he would go with me if no one else will. Last night my nephew told me the same thing. Nephews first and only trip was the Lizard Head storm in 1997. I have to admit hardly anyone would ever want to go again after that experience. Nephew will make a good hunting partner and I want to make this a really good trip for him without the danger of the earlier trip. I think I will get him a small game license and he can carry a 22-250, make him feel better, we had a cat encounter in the Lizard Head on top of everthing else.

Thanks
    Had the "it's not you, it's me" conversation with several former hunting partners. Now its my 12 yr old son and me. He's old enough to go and young enough I can mould him into the proper hunting partner.

Thanks
    You will both enjoy hunting together. I have had a really good time hunting with my grand son, Montana. He just turned 14 and told me about his bear. Lol He said to himself, "this is really going to happen". Then as he is about to shoot, " don't screw this up" He said he felt some pressure. I bet he did. I was nearby I ask him if he went over the nine points of firing the shot? He said Pappaw I fogot all about that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme View Post
    You will both enjoy hunting together. I have had a really good time hunting with my grand son, Montana. He just turned 14 and told me about his bear. Lol He said to himself, "this is really going to happen". Then as he is about to shoot, " don't screw this up" He said he felt some pressure. I bet he did. I was nearby I ask him if he went over the nine points of firing the shot? He said Pappaw I fogot all about that.
    This is funny, I have a nine year old who I look forward to coming with me on my hunts only problem is I only have him every other weekend. The only frustrating part is his mom won't let him skip school to hunt with me when it would be a bigger trip. I am only frustrated because its okay for him to skip school when it is her activity not mine. Yet I still make the best of it he gets to go duck hunting with me on the weekends and he absolutly loves it!! Already shooting a 12 gauge and doesn't thinks it kicks! Strong kid and I can't wait to see him start hunting deer!!

I just talked to the guy I was gonna go Antelope hunting later next month and told me he wouldn't be able to go. Looks like I might be going solo! Yet you know I think I would rather have it this way maybe I will be able to spend more time talking to God this way catching up with our time.

Thanks for all the replies guys keep them coming!!!

Nebraska Outlander

Thanks
    I feel your pain there Nebraska Outlander! My ex-husband says that hunting has taken over my life and he doesn't want me subjecting our daughter into that sort of thing. Lol she LOVES to go hunting with me wether it be deer and antelope hunting or shed hunting. She loves to get outside and shoot her gun. Her dad wants her to be a video gamer. HA! Not my kid!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jenbickel View Post
    I feel your pain there Nebraska Outlander! My ex-husband says that hunting has taken over my life and he doesn't want me subjecting our daughter into that sort of thing. Lol she LOVES to go hunting with me wether it be deer and antelope hunting or shed hunting. She loves to get outside and shoot her gun. Her dad wants her to be a video gamer. HA! Not my kid!!
    Nice, really nice!!!

Banned
    Thanks
    Now we know why he's your ex-husband.

Thanks
    Sounds more like a woman to me. I dated a girl way back when for about a year. We were at dinner one night and she told me she couldn't believe it. She got me to quit cussin and chewing now all she had to do was get me to quit hunting. I hope she's doing well. I haven't talked to her since that night. No joke!