Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Partner

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Every one of you who hunt with a loved one count your blessings. My son whom is 53 yrs old and was my. Hunting partner got bone cancer and is not able to hunt any more,I really miss that time with him I am 73 yrs old and just applied for a left over elk license, I am lucky that my other 2 hunting friends will go every other year and I can go with them.So like I said earlier count your blessings John

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 300 short mag View Post
    Every one of you who hunt with a loved one count your blessings. My son whom is 53 yrs old and was my. Hunting partner got bone cancer and is not able to hunt any more,I really miss that time with him I am 73 yrs old and just applied for a left over elk license, I am lucky that my other 2 hunting friends will go every other year and I can go with them.So like I said earlier count your blessings John
    John,
    I am sorry to hear about your son's condition. Sounds like he's got a lot of good reasons to fight a good fight against that stuff.

Thank God for good friends. I hope you get a new world record elk!!!

I couldn't agree more with what you've said. I lost my father this past winter and I'd give anything to go hunting or fishing with him one more time.

I guess he was my best hunting partner too.

Joe

Thanks
    Congratulations
    oh man these are some good posts!! my first friend I went elk huntin with was all game about it until our 3rd day on the mountain. He was home sick, missed his girl friend, and was tired of walkin so much. It really sucked he said im not walkin another step I wanna go home!! I said you gotta be kiddin me my wife is gonna think im a panzy if I come home 3 days early ( which was accurate) then she gave me a tough time for spendin $544 on a elk tag and not bringing any meat home. needless to say I haven't been back with him , my current partner is a pretty good guy, he takes it almost too serious sometimes but it makes me push myself harder than I would if I was with anyone else, which can be good and can be bad. But we have the same religious beliefs which is a major plus. im blessed to have him.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Engideer View Post
    I am one of those people from the flatlands who loves/lives to hunt out west and have done it for years. I have tried several different times to get people to go out with me, but it seldom works out. I have had some that went and then were worried about getting lost, or running into predators. My favorite was when two guys were "committed" to going, and then called me the week before we left and backed out. It would be great to have a hunting partner on these trips. I don't even mind hauling an elk out on my own, but it would be a lot more fun to get to share in other people's hunts each evening. I have tried to get to know some of the people in the area that I hunt, but most of them are gun hunters and I only bow hunt. I am sure one of these days it will work out, or not, either way I am going to be sitting on the side of a mountain in September!
    Where do you live?

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 300 short mag View Post
    So sorry to hear that John. We have friends whose 18 year old son was just diagnosed with bone cancer as well. He had his first chemo treatment last weekend. My son is really good friends with him and were in boy scouts together. He hunted and fished with his dad too; really a bad deal to see someone who should be going away to college having to go thru what he is going thru. Prayers for you.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    This is a good thread. I had a great friend that I hunted every elk season with for twenty years. He passed away way to young a few years back. It has taken taken a while to put the pack back on. I keep in touch with his sister and like she said he would want me to keep up the yearly tradition. I pretty much hunt by myself now as it is really hard to find someone to hunt the way i do. I am hoping my nephew will try elk hunting. He is a good kid.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Funny to have stumbled across this post today. I've been looking for a hunting buddy for awhile. I've been an avid outdoorsman my whole life but a "rookie" by hunting standards. Anyhow, I was thinking the same thing today, it's not easy to find someone to hunt with, much less be good friends with.

I'm currently researching areas I'm going to focus on hunting solo, or with someone if that works out. Been doing some outfit hunts. Super fun but more fun if there was a buddy to share in the experience. This is probably as good a place as any to start the process!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Funny to have stumbled across this post today. I've been looking for a hunting buddy for awhile. I've been an avid outdoorsman my whole life but a "rookie" by hunting standards. Anyhow, I was thinking the same thing today, it's not easy to find someone to hunt with, much less be good friends with.

I'm currently researching areas I'm going to focus on hunting solo, or with someone if that works out. Been doing some outfit hunts. Super fun but more fun if there was a buddy to share in the experience. This is probably as good a place as any to start the process!
    Where do you live in SoCal and where do you /are you looking to hunt?

I live in the high desert (north of Palmdale, etc, past BFE), I hunt D8 and this year, X10.
    Ah, the nostalgic aroma of a yak dung stove brewing up some tea full of herbs best left untranslated.
    From the Zen Backpacking Site

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by 25contender View Post
    Where do you live?
    I live in Arkansas. I plan on moving out to colorado at some point, but that is still a ways into the future.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Finding someone to hunt with is difficult. Most people hunt with their family. My dad got me into hunting but cant make it up the mountain anymore. I have been trying to find someone to hunt with for 5 years. Can't find anyone that can take time off work and do back pack hunts that doesn't already hunt with family or childhood friends.