Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 53 Times in 9 Posts

Who's Been Training- And How?

I haven't seen the workout thread in a while, and now is the time! I've been hitting it pretty hard on the bike, at the gym, and in the kitchen. I've started to write a bit on my blog about what's working for me, gonna get some workouts and nutrition stuff on there too. What seems to be working for everyone? I'd love to hear some new workouts and food tips to try.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been shed hunting, which I count as training! I also go jogging around town. I have been eating lots of eggs for breakfast with carnation instant breakfast with it.. eating salads.. drinking lots and lots of water. Tons of bananas and spinach! Staying away from fast food and junk food. It's pretty much working awesome for me. I have lost 40 pounds since November.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by jenbickel View Post
    I've been shed hunting, which I count as training! I also go jogging around town. I have been eating lots of eggs for breakfast with carnation instant breakfast with it.. eating salads.. drinking lots and lots of water. Tons of bananas and spinach! Staying away from fast food and junk food. It's pretty much working awesome for me. I have lost 40 pounds since November.
    Wow that's awesome jenbickel. 40 pounds lost since November is awesome.

Me I'm hauling my 50 pound pack at lunch at work for a couple miles. Eating better and less and the clothes are starting to fit better. My wife's making me look bad doing P90X. I'll be jumping on P90X soon again too.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 53 Times in 9 Posts
    Damn Jen that's impressive! I've been doing the same as you, no junk food, lots of good stuff. Basically snack all day on vegetables and stuff after eating eggs and toast for breakfast. Also add 3 27-gram protein shakes throughout the day, usually with a glob of peanut butter. Creatine has worked great for adding muscle, and BenHuntin and I started taking Muscle Pharm Assault which is the $hit! That stuff makes you work out SO hard and sweat like a pig. Lately I've been saving all my carb and meat intake for post-workout and its working well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I have posted my workout before, but here it is again:

1. Run
    2. Lift
    3. Hike
    4. Bike
    5. Repeat

And here is my diet, I call it modified Paleo:

1. Don't eat crap.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bitterroot Bulls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 12 Times in 2 Posts
    Been doing a kettlebell class 3 times a week that includes pushups, pullups, planks, and more pretty intense. I take my juice plus everyday(same stuff a lot of Olympians are using), a protein shake for breakfast and mix in a couple run and/or hikes a week as well. And like BB said don't eat crap

Thanks
    Congratulations
    lloks like everyone is on the right track i usually lift run aand try to squeeze in a hike almost everyday with along with P90X2 i kinda all mix it together or some things one day and diff the other or all in one sometimes just get crazy about it lol and also my buddy has been training with a MMA trainer so i usually try to get together with him once in a week and workout with him its also nice cuase its free and most important of all eating right

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Back on my chicken and brown rice diet gotta loose the winter coat

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 27 Times in 2 Posts
    Well since Feb I have lost 20lbs. I watch what I eat. No junk food. I try to get to the gym 3-4days a week and go on the stairclimber as hard as I can for 20 mins. I went on a goat hunt with a buddy and about died. I weighed 228lbs then. Thats when it hit me im fat and need to do something about it. To date I am 181lbs and hopefully still losing. I hiked a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe the difference it makes. Its gonna make the sport I love so much more fun. Your health is so valuable.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by hvfd21walker View Post
    Well since Feb I have lost 20lbs. I watch what I eat. No junk food. I try to get to the gym 3-4days a week and go on the stairclimber as hard as I can for 20 mins. I went on a goat hunt with a buddy and about died. I weighed 228lbs then. Thats when it hit me im fat and need to do something about it. To date I am 181lbs and hopefully still losing. I hiked a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe the difference it makes. Its gonna make the sport I love so much more fun. Your health is so valuable.
    Wow 20 pounds is some great progress hvfd21walker. Good work and what you mention about health being valuable is so true.