Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    3,331
    Thanks
    515
    Thanked 337 Times in 241 Posts
    I just checked I've had the sheep hunters since 06 so the tags are worn off but I'm pretty sure it's 400grams. I know for sure the Tibets are uninsulated.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    2,107
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 268 Times in 212 Posts
    The sheep hunters are 400g.

    I had a pair that were good quality boots, but the fit wasn't quite right and I ended up with blisters on hard hiking days. Fit is key.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bitteroots
    Posts
    337
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    I have ordered a pair of Hanwags from lathrop and sons. I have tried the Kenetreks and they rub blisters on my heels no matter how much I wore them. BB is right. Find a pair that works for you.
    Last edited by hvfd21walker; 05-12-2012 at 09:46 PM.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Blue Springs, MO
    Posts
    854
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 86 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hvfd21walker View Post
    I kave ordered a pair of Hanwags from lathrop and sons. I have tried the Kenetreks and they rub blisters on my heels no matter how much I wore them. BB is right. Find a pair that works for you.
    I just ordered a pair of boots from Lathrop and Sons yesterday. So far I'm very impressed with their customer service. James Lathrop is a very nice guy.

    Did you buy the gold package for your Hanwags? As attentive as they are regarding the bronze package, I can't imagine what the service must be like for the gold package.

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would recommend Boots by White's. The Centennial Hiker. Fully handmade to your measurements, completely re-buildable for a lifetime of service. I believe they are the finest boots made. Break in will take 100-150 hours but well worth it.

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sonoma County,CA
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks mcriss3134, I have had White's and they just don't agree with my feet. I have had them for work and for hunting.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    210
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcriss3134 View Post
    I would recommend Boots by White's. The Centennial Hiker. Fully handmade to your measurements, completely re-buildable for a lifetime of service. I believe they are the finest boots made. Break in will take 100-150 hours but well worth it.
    You dont break white's in. White's break you in. That was everybodys opinion when I was working for Cal Fire

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Has anybody tried the new danner crater rim boots? They were 2012 gear of year winner.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    2,107
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 268 Times in 212 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    You dont break white's in. White's break you in. That was everybodys opinion when I was working for Cal Fire
    I still have my White's Smokejumpers from my wildland firefighting days 14 years ago. They are quite comfortable now, but that break-in was a b****. We called it "White bite" back then.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Red Bluff Ca
    Posts
    258
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitterroot Bulls View Post
    I still have my White's Smokejumpers from my wildland firefighting days 14 years ago. They are quite comfortable now, but that break-in was a b****. We called it "White bite" back then.
    It's still white bite it sucks lol

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Kenetrek Mountain extreme's
    By NVbowhnter in forum Other
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-07-2014, 10:05 PM
  2. Crispi Yukon Boots
    By Murdy in forum Other
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 08:18 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •