Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Grant, are the Denalis anything like the Meindl Line boots?

Thanks
    They are way more comfortable IMO. It feels like you are putting your foot inside a tempurpedic mattress on the inside, yet a rugged mountain boot on the outside. I think they are a great boot for $270.

The only 2 other boots I may consider are the Lowa hunter GTX extreme or the kenetrek mountain extremes. Both these boots are a little more rugged (what I think you are looking for Danny) and built more for heavy loads. I may also consider the Lowa sheep hunter which I believe you can only get at schnees.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    I just ordered a pair of boots from Lathrop and Sons yesterday. So far I'm very impressed with their customer service. James Lathrop is a very nice guy.

Did you buy the gold package for your Hanwags? As attentive as they are regarding the bronze package, I can't imagine what the service must be like for the gold package.
    James is unbelievable with his customer service. I ordered,boots,socks,footbeds and wax. I have talked to him for a total of about 2 hours so he could figure out what would work for me as I have problems with my heels. I cant wait to get them. They were all out of my size so its taking me an extra 2 weeks.

Thanks
    I love my Kenetreks! I used to be a danner elk hunter guy and finally jumped ship and I am glad. I have had the mountain extreme 400s for a year now, and am hoping to get the hard scrabble hikers for the warmer weather soon.
    Check us out!! www.helmichoutdoor.com

Thanks
    Anyone snatch up the Crispi's on Camofire? $210.00 for the Kanada's. Looks like a good deal. Wonder if I should pull the trigger. Checked out the review on ireviewgear.com. Looks like what I am looking for but hate buying something I can't try on. Oh well anyone know of any other deals out there right now?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthoek21 View Post
    Anyone snatch up the Crispi's on Camofire? $210.00 for the Kanada's. Looks like a good deal. Wonder if I should pull the trigger. Checked out the review on ireviewgear.com. Looks like what I am looking for but hate buying something I can't try on. Oh well anyone know of any other deals out there right now?
    Yep I sure did! Just got them yesterday and I have to say I really like them! I've been die hard Lowa for years and now I think there is going to be a change of heart after some break in.

Thanks
    Kenetreks's are a soild boot. I like my Mountain Extreme 400's, however they have a very different approach to customer service, so if you approach them for any kind of service on your boots, expect a very different customer service response............. I just bought me a new pair of Hanwag's and looking forward to giving them a go.

WP

Thanks
    My only experience is with the Cabelas Alaska Hunter and the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme. The Alaska Hunter was a good boot, but did take some time to break-in. After numerous 65+ mile hikes on the CDT, and backpacking elk hunts, they finally wore out. Replaced these with the Kenetrek Mountian Extreme 400. The very first thing out of the box, hiked 6 miles, gaining 2500', then back down. No break-in, no blisters, and no problems except the 400 grams of insulation was a bit much. Very comfortable and great support, but I now also have the uninsulated version of the Mountain Extreme. Same experience. These have been on numerous hikes, including several 65+ mile hikes of the CDT, climbed several 14ers, and several backpack elk hunting trips. Climbing 14ers isn't always the best depending on the conditions. A little to stiff to "smear" but they never slipped and provide great support.

Thanks
    I ended up with the Meindel Denali also. I wore them in a Cabelas store for an hour before buying them. They were great on my sheep hunt. 0 issues. The price was a bonus as I would have paid more for the right boot.
    BB has it right however. Some preconceived boots I thought were good did not pan out. Throw brand names out the window and get what fits you.
    NRA
    RMEF

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    3 deer hunts and a few scouting trip and many coyote hunts and I love the Crispi. I absulutly agree the best boot is the one that fits.
    I don't Break the rules, I Modify them.