Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Loma Rica, Ca.
    Posts
    731
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 69 Times in 60 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I also hunted elk in those units (111-115) last fall (late season), if your lucky enough to draw a tag you WILL see plenty of good bulls and some real toads.

    Good luck to ya..........

  2. #12
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    4,566
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 678 Times in 489 Posts
    Congratulations
    214
    Congratulated 83 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packer58 View Post
    I also hunted elk in those units (111-115) last fall (late season), if your lucky enough to draw a tag you WILL see plenty of good bulls and some real toads.

    Good luck to ya..........
    How did you do packer?

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N. CA
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 74 Times in 45 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 53 Times in 9 Posts
    Area 7 first choice for deer, 041-42 first choice for antelope, but I have a strange feeling I'm gonna draw 031 archery antelope.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
    Congratulations
    40
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Cali Sheep: 012, 014, & 021/022
    Desert Sheep: 263, 267, 262, 268, & 253B
    Antelope: 021/022, 015, 012-014, 041/042 Early, & 041/042 Late
    Deer: 194/196, 015, 021, 041/042, & 022
    Bear
    Bonus Points for Elk, Rocky, and Mtn. Goat

    A lot of low odds draws, but I will only be able to hunt relatively close to home if I do draw. Probably just end up chasing birds again. Ya never know though. Good luck to everyone! I hate the anticipation.

    BSA, that's a hell of a bull in your avatar. Where's it from?
    Can't spell scum without U&M... Go 'Cats!

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    2,114
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 156 Times in 117 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUcat61 View Post
    Cali Sheep: 012, 014, & 021/022
    Desert Sheep: 263, 267, 262, 268, & 253B
    Antelope: 021/022, 015, 012-014, 041/042 Early, & 041/042 Late
    Deer: 194/196, 015, 021, 041/042, & 022
    Bear
    Bonus Points for Elk, Rocky, and Mtn. Goat

    A lot of low odds draws, but I will only be able to hunt relatively close to home if I do draw. Probably just end up chasing birds again. Ya never know though. Good luck to everyone! I hate the anticipation.

    BSA, that's a hell of a bull in your avatar. Where's it from?
    Ahhh another fellow renoain! There are quite a few of us now. Good choices on you tags.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    vegas
    Posts
    1,226
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 161 Times in 107 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm in across the board still in the waiting period for elk hunted 111-113 a few years ago and got my bull. I mixed up my deer choices a bit this year with worst to best odds archery only
    261-268
    231
    22
    111-113
    101-108

    Drawn rubies the past 2 years even as a last choice I really look forward to getting into that high country. with our ranch being just outside of McGill it would be sweet to draw a 111-113 deer tag maybe I wouldn't need so much mountain house

    Also ikic that depredation hunt is a tough one but I had a friend draw that tag last year and he came home with a 395 inch velvet bull! With his rifle. he would have had to strip velvet to enter the books and said no way!
    Last edited by hardstalk; 05-11-2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Add

  7. #17
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    4,566
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 678 Times in 489 Posts
    Congratulations
    214
    Congratulated 83 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSurArcher View Post
    Area 7 first choice for deer, 041-42 first choice for antelope, but I have a strange feeling I'm gonna draw 031 archery antelope.
    If you draw 031 PM me I can help you out in that area. I have a buddy that owns a ton of Alfalfa in the area and I know we're there are a few water holes higher in the mountains. I had a friend that too a 86" buck about three years ago there.

  8. #18
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    4,566
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 678 Times in 489 Posts
    Congratulations
    214
    Congratulated 83 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUcat61 View Post
    Cali Sheep: 012, 014, & 021/022
    Desert Sheep: 263, 267, 262, 268, & 253B
    Antelope: 021/022, 015, 012-014, 041/042 Early, & 041/042 Late
    Deer: 194/196, 015, 021, 041/042, & 022
    Bear
    Bonus Points for Elk, Rocky, and Mtn. Goat

    A lot of low odds draws, but I will only be able to hunt relatively close to home if I do draw. Probably just end up chasing birds again. Ya never know though. Good luck to everyone! I hate the anticipation.

    BSA, that's a hell of a bull in your avatar. Where's it from?
    Good luck! All great units.

  9. #19
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    4,566
    Thanks
    1,174
    Thanked 678 Times in 489 Posts
    Congratulations
    214
    Congratulated 83 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hardstalk View Post
    I'm in across the board still in the waiting period for elk hunted 111-113 a few years ago and got my bull. I mixed up my deer choices a bit this year with worst to best odds archery only
    261-268
    231
    22
    111-113
    101-108

    Drawn rubies the past 2 years even as a last choice I really look forward to getting into that high country. with our ranch being just outside of McGill it would be sweet to draw a 111-113 deer tag maybe I wouldn't need so much mountain house

    Also ikic that depredation hunt is a tough one but I had a friend draw that tag last year and he came home with a 395 inch velvet bull! With his rifle. he would have had to strip velvet to enter the books and said no way!
    Ya I know it's a stretch but I also got my bull in 2006 so it's all I have to try for. Wow what a great bull! Ya I would have left the velvet on too! Good luck this year.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Loma Rica, Ca.
    Posts
    731
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 69 Times in 60 Posts
    Congratulations
    2
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    How did you do packer?
    Go to the elk forum "page 4" for my pics and short story, i really had a ball on that hunt although i was one hurt unit after the pack out.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. # of tags you can get.
    By Fish in forum Wyoming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-19-2013, 04:11 AM
  2. Your opinion on Nevada increasing tags
    By Ikeepitcold in forum Nevada
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 09:41 PM
  3. Nevada Dream Tags
    By Muleys 24/7 in forum Nevada
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 07:07 PM
  4. Nevada tags?
    By velvetfvr in forum Nevada
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 08:44 PM
  5. cow tags
    By nv-hunter in forum Oregon
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 02:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •