Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 164

Thread: 2 Weeks!

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    2,107
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 154 Times in 116 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm going to look into what umpquahunter does and have bank send a text message.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    897
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 201 Times in 173 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From what I have heard, and I am not sure how recent or true this is, is that they cannot charge your credit/debit card for tags before they release results. I think it had something to do with a law that says you can't be charged without being notified first. Does anyone know more about this because my understanding is that the former method of seeing your account get hit to get an early indication of receiving a tag no longer works.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Carlin, NV
    Posts
    687
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 100 Times in 97 Posts
    Congratulations
    57
    Congratulated 21 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm checking the website and my accounts daily, ALL READY!!!

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Umpqua River, Oregon
    Posts
    2,318
    Thanks
    406
    Thanked 498 Times in 312 Posts
    Congratulations
    49
    Congratulated 56 Times in 8 Posts
    I am fairly certain the credit cards are hit before the results are posted. If there are insufficient funds or invalid credit card with one applicant, another applicant can get the tag I believe.

    As DRH mentioned, I went on line for my credit card and set it up so it texts me with any transaction over $20 on my credit card. Just as an example of how fast this is, when I go to the diesel pump, I usually have a text on my phone before I get out of the driveway. It's also great to have for fraud alert.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Loma Rica, Ca.
    Posts
    720
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 60 Times in 53 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    I am fairly certain the credit cards are hit before the results are posted. If there are insufficient funds or invalid credit card with one applicant, another applicant can get the tag I believe.

    As DRH mentioned, I went on line for my credit card and set it up so it texts me with any transaction over $20 on my credit card. Just as an example of how fast this is, when I go to the diesel pump, I usually have a text on my phone before I get out of the driveway. It's also great to have for fraud alert.
    As far as I know that is correct Umpqua, Nevada doesn't post tag results until the tags are paid for. Once your drawn they go for the money and charge your card, if there are insufficient funds you are automaticlly rejected and the go to the next applicant. For this reason they will not post tag results prior to payment.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 9 Times in 1 Post
    That is not the case any more, last year results were online for a week before the hit my account for payment. The big question is did the increase get approved?

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to nv-hunter For This Useful Post:


  8. #17
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    4,367
    Thanks
    1,037
    Thanked 609 Times in 438 Posts
    Congratulations
    164
    Congratulated 68 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NVBird'n'Big View Post
    From what I have heard, and I am not sure how recent or true this is, is that they cannot charge your credit/debit card for tags before they release results. I think it had something to do with a law that says you can't be charged without being notified first. Does anyone know more about this because my understanding is that the former method of seeing your account get hit to get an early indication of receiving a tag no longer works.
    Absulutely not true. They have done it this way for years.

  9. #18
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    4,367
    Thanks
    1,037
    Thanked 609 Times in 438 Posts
    Congratulations
    164
    Congratulated 68 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    I am fairly certain the credit cards are hit before the results are posted. If there are insufficient funds or invalid credit card with one applicant, another applicant can get the tag I believe.

    As DRH mentioned, I went on line for my credit card and set it up so it texts me with any transaction over $20 on my credit card. Just as an example of how fast this is, when I go to the diesel pump, I usually have a text on my phone before I get out of the driveway. It's also great to have for fraud alert.
    That's way cool. I use my debit card with my credit union and it's not available as far as I can find on the web site.

  10. #19
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    4,367
    Thanks
    1,037
    Thanked 609 Times in 438 Posts
    Congratulations
    164
    Congratulated 68 Times in 8 Posts
    Just to be clear. They have always charged your card before the results are posted. Now just like anything else it could have changed and they have changed a few things as of lately.

  11. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    897
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 201 Times in 173 Posts
    Congratulations
    1
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Absulutely not true. They have done it this way for years.
    I know how it has been done in the past, I just heard that things have changed or will be changing and I wanted to get everyone's input. I've been hunting long enough here to know how it has worked.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 2 weeks to hunt, when would U?
    By Just DIY in forum Elk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 10:58 AM
  2. A good Two weeks!
    By 25contender in forum Montana
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 11:44 AM
  3. 3 Weeks til LAunch!
    By elk_n_esox in forum Elk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-22-2013, 11:10 PM
  4. 3 weeks!
    By Stringmusic in forum Antelope
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 11:23 PM
  5. Next weeks show!
    By tradbowwyo in forum Mule Deer
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 11:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •