Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 Weeks!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm going to look into what umpquahunter does and have bank send a text message.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    From what I have heard, and I am not sure how recent or true this is, is that they cannot charge your credit/debit card for tags before they release results. I think it had something to do with a law that says you can't be charged without being notified first. Does anyone know more about this because my understanding is that the former method of seeing your account get hit to get an early indication of receiving a tag no longer works.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'm checking the website and my accounts daily, ALL READY!!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 4 Posts
    I am fairly certain the credit cards are hit before the results are posted. If there are insufficient funds or invalid credit card with one applicant, another applicant can get the tag I believe.

As DRH mentioned, I went on line for my credit card and set it up so it texts me with any transaction over $20 on my credit card. Just as an example of how fast this is, when I go to the diesel pump, I usually have a text on my phone before I get out of the driveway. It's also great to have for fraud alert.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post
    I am fairly certain the credit cards are hit before the results are posted. If there are insufficient funds or invalid credit card with one applicant, another applicant can get the tag I believe.

As DRH mentioned, I went on line for my credit card and set it up so it texts me with any transaction over $20 on my credit card. Just as an example of how fast this is, when I go to the diesel pump, I usually have a text on my phone before I get out of the driveway. It's also great to have for fraud alert.
    As far as I know that is correct Umpqua, Nevada doesn't post tag results until the tags are paid for. Once your drawn they go for the money and charge your card, if there are insufficient funds you are automaticlly rejected and the go to the next applicant. For this reason they will not post tag results prior to payment.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    That is not the case any more, last year results were online for a week before the hit my account for payment. The big question is did the increase get approved?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nv-hunter For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NVBird'n'Big View Post
    From what I have heard, and I am not sure how recent or true this is, is that they cannot charge your credit/debit card for tags before they release results. I think it had something to do with a law that says you can't be charged without being notified first. Does anyone know more about this because my understanding is that the former method of seeing your account get hit to get an early indication of receiving a tag no longer works.
    Absulutely not true. They have done it this way for years.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpqua Hunter View Post

That's way cool. I use my debit card with my credit union and it's not available as far as I can find on the web site.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Just to be clear. They have always charged your card before the results are posted. Now just like anything else it could have changed and they have changed a few things as of lately.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    Absulutely not true. They have done it this way for years.
    I know how it has been done in the past, I just heard that things have changed or will be changing and I wanted to get everyone's input. I've been hunting long enough here to know how it has worked.