Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 164

Thread: 2 Weeks!

  1. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    2,105
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 154 Times in 116 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    I thought we said the hell with the workout and decided to hit the bars!? Hell! I'm gonna put on a couple pounds just cause!!!! That'll teach'm
    That's right, I consider it carb loading fr next year! Take that Nevada!

  2. #112
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    4,255
    Thanks
    972
    Thanked 567 Times in 403 Posts
    Congratulations
    95
    Congratulated 42 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    That's right, I consider it carb loading fr next year! Take that Nevada!
    Bahahahahahah.

  3. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    vegas
    Posts
    1,211
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 158 Times in 104 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thats it I'm resorting back to my old ways.. Mid june.. Mid June..mid june

  4. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N. CA
    Posts
    446
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 67 Times in 42 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 53 Times in 9 Posts
    I read that the difference in tags found/shown did in fact mean that you drew, and that results are still scheduled to be announced tomorrow afternoon.

  5. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    2,105
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 154 Times in 116 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSurArcher View Post
    I read that the difference in tags found/shown did in fact mean that you drew, and that results are still scheduled to be announced tomorrow afternoon.
    Where did you find this info? I think so as well, this is good to know for next year. My hope is all gone...

  6. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    1,639
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 175 Times in 155 Posts
    Congratulations
    3
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSurArcher View Post
    I read that the difference in tags found/shown did in fact mean that you drew, and that results are still scheduled to be announced tomorrow afternoon.
    Good to hear! Theory is correct hopefully!
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

    AKA: Velvet Feather

  7. #117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N. CA
    Posts
    446
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 67 Times in 42 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 53 Times in 9 Posts
    A guy on another forum talked to someone he knows with NDOW and supposedly got the scoop. Hard to say, and none of this will matter tomorrow, but that's what he said.

  8. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    N. CA
    Posts
    446
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 67 Times in 42 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 53 Times in 9 Posts
    HERE YOU GO!!! NvHunter is an "enterprising soul" according to the commission (see #3)!! LOL

    This cover eMail will describe the nature of the problem and the solution.
    1) We ran the draw on Monty’s machine yesterday. The draw concluded sometime around noon and then we started the first of many processes that we have to do post draw and pre-display of the HTML results that are searchable by the general public (and will be displayed late Friday afternoon). Namely, Monty restored the backup with the actual application records updated to our server sometime in the late afternoon yesterday. This server is the one that is accessed by the On line application process and by the Harvest Return Card process, etc.
    2) We had long ago modified the Harvest Return Card web site (where you see your tags and the status of your harvest reports, whether filed or not, etc.) so that it WOULD NOT prematurely display your tags until the release date had passed. This was to prevent inadvertent discovery of draw results prior to the release date.
    3) Apparently, while we DID NOT display actual tag/hunts successful for the new draw, a label at the bottom of the Return Cards tab on this site did count the number of tags you had on file and displayed this count (though we didn’t display the unripe tags from the latest draw). As such, if you had fourteen tags in your total experience with NDOW heretofore and you drew one this time, it would say “15 records found, Page 1 of 3”. Some enterprising soul (we can’t get these guys to apply on time or correctly apply, to heed the admonitions; but, they can comb through the web site ENDLESSLY afterword and dig this stuff up, AMAZING) discovered that if you counted the records and it MIGHT not match the count in “xx records found,” portion of the message. He then speculated (correctly) that this indicated the number of tags you drew in the latest draw.
    4) Monty and Wayne met early at the office and applied a fix. We no longer paginate the Return Cards as we did previously. Instead, it is one continuous list (like we do with the Applications Tab). We also no longer tell you how many results were found. Effectively, this blocks anyone from seeing what they drew UNTIL the release date has passed. They can go tomorrow afternoon and see the draw results on the HTML site.
    5) This will be something we report this year during our “State of the Draw” in the “mea culpa” section. While I don’t think the consequences were grave, and we fixed it quickly, it still is a reportable event in my estimation.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to BigSurArcher For This Useful Post:


  10. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    Posts
    572
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 38 Times in 27 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSurArcher View Post
    HERE YOU GO!!! NvHunter is an "enterprising soul" according to the commission (see #3)!! LOL

    This cover eMail will describe the nature of the problem and the solution.
    1) We ran the draw on Monty’s machine yesterday. The draw concluded sometime around noon and then we started the first of many processes that we have to do post draw and pre-display of the HTML results that are searchable by the general public (and will be displayed late Friday afternoon). Namely, Monty restored the backup with the actual application records updated to our server sometime in the late afternoon yesterday. This server is the one that is accessed by the On line application process and by the Harvest Return Card process, etc.
    2) We had long ago modified the Harvest Return Card web site (where you see your tags and the status of your harvest reports, whether filed or not, etc.) so that it WOULD NOT prematurely display your tags until the release date had passed. This was to prevent inadvertent discovery of draw results prior to the release date.
    3) Apparently, while we DID NOT display actual tag/hunts successful for the new draw, a label at the bottom of the Return Cards tab on this site did count the number of tags you had on file and displayed this count (though we didn’t display the unripe tags from the latest draw). As such, if you had fourteen tags in your total experience with NDOW heretofore and you drew one this time, it would say “15 records found, Page 1 of 3”. Some enterprising soul (we can’t get these guys to apply on time or correctly apply, to heed the admonitions; but, they can comb through the web site ENDLESSLY afterword and dig this stuff up, AMAZING) discovered that if you counted the records and it MIGHT not match the count in “xx records found,” portion of the message. He then speculated (correctly) that this indicated the number of tags you drew in the latest draw.
    4) Monty and Wayne met early at the office and applied a fix. We no longer paginate the Return Cards as we did previously. Instead, it is one continuous list (like we do with the Applications Tab). We also no longer tell you how many results were found. Effectively, this blocks anyone from seeing what they drew UNTIL the release date has passed. They can go tomorrow afternoon and see the draw results on the HTML site.
    5) This will be something we report this year during our “State of the Draw” in the “mea culpa” section. While I don’t think the consequences were grave, and we fixed it quickly, it still is a reportable event in my estimation.
    I don't know what it means by we can't get them to apply correctly but it doesn't seem like they're happy with me! Haha
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!

  11. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, United States
    Posts
    2,105
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 154 Times in 116 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Good news for you guys! Good luck, this should be a bomber year.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 2 weeks to hunt, when would U?
    By Just DIY in forum Elk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-11-2014, 09:58 AM
  2. A good Two weeks!
    By 25contender in forum Montana
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2013, 10:44 AM
  3. 3 Weeks til LAunch!
    By elk_n_esox in forum Elk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-22-2013, 10:10 PM
  4. 3 weeks!
    By Stringmusic in forum Antelope
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 10:23 PM
  5. Next weeks show!
    By tradbowwyo in forum Mule Deer
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 10:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •