Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts

2012 Hoyt Carbon Element RKT????

I haven't been able to shoot one but thinking if I don't like my omen I might go to this bow. I don't have any doubts about my omen and am sure I will love it but are these things worth the 1300 dollars. I like the max1 option but am not sure. I would like to try one but lovin' the pse's I have now. I would just like to try one but the cams look almost identical to the fuel cams which I think are the worst since the ones I tried it yanked my arm even pulling against the backwall.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 5 Times in 1 Post
    I shot one in Scheels and it was a sweeet bow!
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    TT Xtreme FC Pro
    Custom Black Gold Ascent 4 pin
    GT Velocity 300's tipped with 125 Shuttle t's weighing 490 grains!!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I own one and I love it! I think its a really smooth draw and you have to shoot one before you will believe how quiet it is

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 7 Times in 5 Posts
    The problem is I never go to scheels to try one. Should I go try one. I was shooting my evo and don't know how I will find a quieter vibe free bow. My evo is vibe free but I would think the element would be a little harder to hold on target.
    2013 spyder turbo, 70lbs black out and 2013 pse omen max 60# stormy hardwoods green
    Limbdriver Pro V, Tight spot quiver, Single pin Hogg Father, Fuse carbon blade.
    Scott longhorn 3, Easton FMJ's

AKA: Velvet Feather

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I almost bought an element before i bought the vector turbo. The element shoots sweet but I am still not convinced that the carbon will not crack and if it gets above i think 1/8inch you have to send it back. You have to accept some cracking, but in my opinion what makes the any of the new hoyts is the RKT cams they are so smooth.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Labman, if you're concerened about the carbon riser cracking then you need to go to the Hoyt website, go to there videos, and watch the movie where they run their carbon bows over with trucks! After you watch that movie, you wont be concerned about the carbon cracking ever again!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    At my local bow shop they have had 3 they have had to send off because the cracks this year not counting last year. They really talked me out of buying it. I really love the bow and almost bought one but just felt more comfortable with the vector turbo.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 4 Times in 1 Post
    I own the 2011. I heard the new cams on the 2012 are like night and day compared to the 2011. I love my 2011 and will not need another bow for a long time.

The cracking, IMO, is not the carbon frame but the paint. It looks like the riser is cracking, but in fact it is the paint.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I also own the 2011. IMO was the smoothest of all the bows I shot last yr before making a decision. My previous bow was A Hoyt RZR Tech, and I thought it was a good bow untill I started shooting all the new ones. I had a little buyers remorse after spending around $1700 after all the accessories that go with outfitting a new toy. After getting it home and shooting it a lot the buyers remorse went away and it's all smiles when shooting! Like JNDEER I won't be buying a new one for a while now. I havent shot the 2012 version so I dont have a comment on it. Happy shootn guys!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM_Archer View Post
    I also own the 2011. IMO was the smoothest of all the bows I shot last yr before making a decision. My previous bow was A Hoyt RZR Tech, and I thought it was a good bow untill I started shooting all the new ones. I had a little buyers remorse after spending around $1700 after all the accessories that go with outfitting a new toy. After getting it home and shooting it a lot the buyers remorse went away and it's all smiles when shooting! Like JNDEER I won't be buying a new one for a while now. I havent shot the 2012 version so I dont have a comment on it. Happy shootn guys!
    That's my story to a t! Except for the money part