Thread: Scouting Attire

Thanks

Question Scouting Attire

So what does everyone wear on there scouting trips as in like do wear the clothes you'll be hunting in? aka camo and all that and treat scouting as if it was hunting season or do you take more of a laid back approach but with the same mindset of finding whatever game your after for upcoming seasons

Thanks
    It depends on what I'm scouting for, deer I'm usually hunting something else, small game/varmints, so then I do. Scouting for turkeys usually involves parking on a ridge road and sitting on the tailgate of the truck with a cup of coffee and a set of game ears any walking is down a logging road or trail so I usually don't bother.

Bob

Thanks
    Shooooot....... I wear camo around the house and stalk the dog......but thats more because it freaks her out and its funny watching her get all pissed off and growling at me!!!!
    When I scout I go as I would to hunt most of the time. A little lighter though due to no bow or calls with me. Its not only important to practice with what you will hunt with, but it also helps me fine tune my gear placement prior to it really mattering.
    If its not working for you scouting....its definatly not going to work for you hunting.
    I hunt because........

Banned
    Thanks
    It depends on how close it is to hunting season. If it's close to season I treat it like a hunt. I don't want to be seen, or smelled.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I wear the same thing I'm hunting in just less layers. Sometimes I will wear camo shorts but with my white legs I might as well have a homing beacon strapped to my head.

Thanks
    I'm a big time shorts wearer for summer time scouting trips (mule deer, blacktail, antelope). Most of my scouting is either done from quad or pickup glassing for miles. I try not to get in to deep during my scouting trips as to not bump the bucks, the good ones are hard enough to locate the first time. As the fall / winter hunts come around i will scout use / wear the same gear that i will hunt with.

Ikeepitcold, your white leg comment is pretty funny.......I have a buddy that i hunt with from time to time and when he takes his pants off to hit the sack it looks like he's still wearing freshly bleached long johns!!!!!!!!!!!! One advantage is it saves on lantern gas if i can just get him to stand around for a while

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by packer58 View Post
    I have a buddy that i hunt with from time to time and when he takes his pants off to hit the sack it looks like he's still wearing freshly bleached long johns!!!!!!!!!!!! One advantage is it saves on lantern gas if i can just get him to stand around for a while
    Somthing about that is just wrong. LMAO!!!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by packer58 View Post
    I'm a big time shorts wearer for summer time scouting trips (mule deer, blacktail, antelope). Most of my scouting is either done from quad or pickup glassing for miles. I try not to get in to deep during my scouting trips as to not bump the bucks, the good ones are hard enough to locate the first time. As the fall / winter hunts come around i will scout use / wear the same gear that i will hunt with.

Ikeepitcold, your white leg comment is pretty funny.......I have a buddy that i hunt with from time to time and when he takes his pants off to hit the sack it looks like he's still wearing freshly bleached long johns!!!!!!!!!!!! One advantage is it saves on lantern gas if i can just get him to stand around for a while

Holy shiz! That's some funny talk rite there!!!!

Thanks
    Only someone that has shared a tent with a hunting buddy can appreciate that comment.
    A bad day in the woods is better than a good day at work.
    Shoot the best, Shoot PSE!