Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Guys I'm new to this site. Good to see so many Cali hunters especially the bowhunters. I wish I knew most of what you forgot about X12. I am seriously leaning towards applying for A20 (X12) this year. I have never hunted that part of the state but from what I can tell through google earth there is some really nice country above timberline.

Colorado Cowboy man you have great stories. Your dad taking the first Tule Elk is a great story. You do realize you are very fortunate to have grown up during the heyday. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    There are some other good stories and posts on the California section. I also have posted a lot od deer pictures from California hunts in my album on my profile. Thanks for tha comments, growing up in Ca. in a hunting/fishing family in the 50's, thru 2000 when I retired and moved to Colorado was truely the best of times.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Grew up in bay area till I was 15, then dad got transfered and moved the family to Colfax. Cant really complain about anything except the lacking deer herds of yesteryear. The family and I hunt/fish often enough to keep us content. Started out hunting deer in x8, back when there was actually some animals to glass. Always had good success until the late 90's and noticed the numbers of animals declining every year. The last 2 bucks I killed there were both 3x bucks, and they were blacktails. Not the big bodies of a muley, but bucks nonetheless. Hunted around elephants back, and burnside peak. Since then Ive hunted x6a, x8,x9a, x12, x7b, x7a, g3. All zones produced decent bucks, but ive also killed some nice buck in d3 as well. This will be my first of many years to come of hunting out of state, gonna give NV a try, and CO next year. Gotta utilize ALL my options for the coming years. When im not chasing bucks, ill chase ducks, pheasant, bandtails, squirrels, bears, you name it. In the hunting off season, I love fishing the North fork American River, as its just down the street. Good luck to all

Thanks
    Congratulations
    thats great,, i;ve only gone fishing in the golden trout wilderness bt have never seen deer,, only seen deer by the johnsondale bridge..

Thanks
    Congratulations
    hi,,, just reading up on deer hunting in cali.. and d 13 in my new zone since moving in to lebec ca. havent been able to find any good bucks,,, maybe u could lead me to GA" general area"

Thanks
    Congratulations
    so cal (yucaipa) and ill be hunting for my first time this year and ill be going to D-14

Thanks
    Congratulations
    New to this site also. I'm in Ventura county and have spend a lot of time in D13, D11, and southern A zone.