Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 79 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhorsepower View Post
    Great bucks. Shhhhhhh....... CAlifornia doesn't have good deer hunting! Need not apply!
    Hahahhahahhahahahha that's funny DR.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	2098

I found this buck by Taylorsville about 2 years ago. Seems to alwasys be some good bucks in the area.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You guys are giving away all of our secrets!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsmallfield View Post
    You guys are giving away all of our secrets!
    No one knew it was a secret till you said something.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	2098

I found this buck by Taylorsville about 2 years ago. Seems to alwasys be some good bucks in the area.
    We used to live in Genesee in the early 50's. Saw some huge bucks back then!
    My dad got buck fever on one of those monsters, racked the bolt on his rifle five times saying bang each time he did, and never once pulled the trigger. He couldn't understand how he missed until we showed him the five live rounds on the ground at his feet! He didn't think it was as funny as his buddies did!
    NRA Life Member OHA Life Member
    Hunter for Life

Thanks
    Congratulations

Name:	Deer.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	2212
    A Zone black tail from this yr. 20 wide but real tall in the back

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hey Drhorsepower !
    I've seen you in the Wy. section ! I've hunted all over Ca. since I was a kid for the last 35 yrs. . Taken some bucks but in 1983 I went on a hunt in Wy. and one in Ut. and that kind of killed my appitite for deer hunting in Ca..Have hunted both every yr. since. Since then I've hunted Co., Az., Nv. and Wa..Even bought 40 acres in Wy. back in 1996 and haven't even hunted on it ! It's deer area 89 and antelope 72. I hunted San Bernardino Nat. Forest for 20 + yrs. then Moved near San Diego. Not as good here. A lot of brush ! Been getting A22 tags last few yrs. for somthing to do after getting back from Wy. and Ut. I used to backpack into Whitewater Canyon (D-14) for deer. shot a few decent bucks there. A lot of bear there too. I drew X9A in 1996. Ended up with a Fork Horn...Hunted X9B a few times. Never got anything. Noticed last yr. that you can only get it on 1st coice now ! Used to be able to draw last choice. Think a lot of hunters are not going out of state lately. Been reading all these posts. Great to see a lot of fellow Ca. hunters ! I think we hunt the hardest ! I know. Been at it for a long time and hunted out of state a long time. I have also hunted D7 a couple times and D8 once with no luck. Have hunted D14 and D19 a lot back when both side of HWY 10 San Bernardino Nat. Forest was all D11 ! Then they split it to D14 north and D19 south. Anyway, great to hear/read all of you posts ! I'm not alone ! Oh ! BTW. I drew a bighorn tag for San Gorgonio hunt in 2002 , the yr. they went to a point system and 3 times as many people put in for sheep. Shot a 163 in. ram 1/2003. Have max pts. for elk and antelope. Can't draw that dang elk tag though !
    Don
    Last edited by HuntWYODon; 12-27-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Know you know why it's so hard to draw a Goodale hunt tag ! Nice pics ! Funny how you don't see those bucks in X12.X9A and X9B until the winter down at base of Eastern Sierras. I think they are all hanging out in Nv. before then !

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Hey Colorado Cowboy !
    See you in the Wyoming section a lot too !
    Another smart guy that got out of Ca. !
    The deer herd in the Sierra's from Bishop to Bridgeport isn't like it was when you were here. You were here in the hay day !
    I love hearing hearing about back in the day hunting. Always makes me wish I could have witnessed it.
    Take care and tell me more !
    Don

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntWYODon View Post
    Hey Drhorsepower !
    I've seen you in the Wy. section ! I've hunted all over Ca. since I was a kid for the last 35 yrs. . Taken some bucks but in 1983 I went on a hunt in Wy. and one in Ut. and that kind of killed my appitite for deer hunting in Ca..Have hunted both every yr. since. Since then I've hunted Co., Az., Nv. and Wa..Even bought 40 acres in Wy. back in 1996 and haven't even hunted on it ! It's deer area 89 and antelope 72. I hunted San Bernardino Nat. Forest for 20 + yrs. then Moved near San Diego. Not as good here. A lot of brush ! Been getting A22 tags last few yrs. for somthing to do after getting back from Wy. and Ut. I used to backpack into Whitewater Canyon (D-14) for deer. shot a few decent bucks there. A lot of bear there too. I drew X9A in 1996. Ended up with a Fork Horn...Hunted X9B a few times. Never got anything. Noticed last yr. that you can only get it on 1st coice now ! Used to be able to draw last choice. Think a lot of hunters are not going out of state lately. Been reading all these posts. Great to see a lot of fellow Ca. hunters ! I think we hunt the hardest ! I know. Been at it for a long time and hunted out of state a long time. I have also hunted D7 a couple times and D8 once with no luck. Have hunted D14 and D19 a lot back when both side of HWY 10 San Bernardino Nat. Forest was all D11 ! Then they split it to D14 north and D19 south. Anyway, great to hear/read all of you posts ! I'm not alone ! Oh ! BTW. I drew a bighorn tag for San Gorgonio hunt in 2002 , the yr. they went to a point system and 3 times as many people put in for sheep. Shot a 163 in. ram 1/2003. Have max pts. for elk and antelope. Can't draw that dang elk tag though !
    Don
    Hey don! It seems you have been all over the state! Im using ca as points right now. I will draw a good area next year or the year after. We will see.... I grew up in northern ca. Lassen county. You should post a pic of that ram!