Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by justinthedoc View Post
    I agree 100% about the wilderness part, guess they think its to wild for city-folk. But the same claim can be said about Alaska, why can I go hunt black bear, but not grizz/coastals. Why can I hunt moose, but not sheep with out a guide. Arizona NR tag system is a scam if ya ask me I dnt know how many thousands I have given them just to put in for a desert sheep tag. As far as the more money thing goes I think it honestly sways some people from putting in and ya have a bettewr shot at getting a tag I guess, pretty soon we are all going to get screwd. no matter what state ya live in.
    Your are right. I forgot about Alaska. I think a non res. can only hunt moose, caribou, black bear and sitka blactails without guide. I totally agree about Az. too ! I'm "trying" to burn my 13 pts. for antelope and 10 for deer so I won't ever have to do it again. They make you buy a $151.00 lic. just to buy a pt. ( NV. also) I had loyalty pts. for deer, elk, antelope and sheep. I screwed up a few yrs. ago and put both my antelope and elk tag in the same envelope , Got rejected for both. Lost both loyalty pts. ! I called up and raised heck saying why take the loyalty pts. instead of just not drawing or losing that year's point ? I still paid for the lic.every yr. since 1987 ! What's the difference? The lady in lic. dept agreed with me but... I didn't know they were envelope challanged. I lost deer and bighorn loyalty pt. because I wrote a check that was 50 cents short like a dummy. I sent in during their correction time and never received a call. I made another phone call. The only thing I'm going to keep putting in for after I draw deer and antelope is archery elk and deer. I hunt with friends there for elk and deer a lot. But not going to play their game much longer.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If Alaska wasnt that way I would be up there every year hunting. Starting with Browns, mtn goats, dalls, buffalo. Would be hella fun, to bad I aint made of money. I would love to suit me some Game and Fish agencies for discrimination.Do you know how much money that would save one guy. I meand seriously 20 f-ing grand to hunt browns now is freaking re-donkulous. I agree that residents should have more tags for there home state but stuff like the wilderness in wy, and the stuff previously mentioned is B.S. really. Heres a interesting fact, my brother is a outfitter in CO, and WY. Resides in CO, wants to hunt moose, and sheep here has the points and the area hes apllying for is in a wilderness area. He cant hunt it without a giude or outfitter, but he can outfit himself and outher hunters there. What kind of sht is that WY. Stupid f-ng politics

Thanks
    Congratulations
    If Alaska wasnt that way I would be up there every year hunting. Starting with Browns, mtn goats, dalls, buffalo. Would be hella fun, to bad I aint made of money. I would love to suit me some Game and Fish agencies for discrimination.Do you know how much money that would save one guy. I meand seriously 20 f-ing grand to hunt browns now is freaking re-donkulous. I agree that residents should have more tags for there home state but stuff like the wilderness in wy, and the stuff previously mentioned is B.S. really. Heres a interesting fact, my brother is a outfitter in CO, and WY. Resides in CO, wants to hunt moose, and sheep here has the points and the area hes apllying for is in a wilderness area. He cant hunt it without a giude or outfitter, but he can outfit himself and outher hunters there. What kind of sht is that WY. Stupid f-ng politics
    The situation with you brother is re-donkulous ! I can't talk about this subject much with out getting pizzed off. Like you said, the cost of out of state tags is BS. You can't afford to take your kids anymore let alone yourself. They have made it a rich man's sport. Average Joe's like us take it in the pocket .

Thanks
    Congratulations
    To many general deer tagsi went out last year and saw very few shooters. Passed on some small bucks. Glad g/f is putting 3 pint min ondeer in the snowys. Supposed to be draw next year. Would also like to see preference point system on elk and deer.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post
    Instead of a resident preference point system, I'd like the 'special' license option that the non-residents have.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    But if you put in for the moose, goat, sheep, which should be a january only application period, draw could be done first of march to alllow thm their interest, aplly march thru april for elk, antelope, and deer and draw may. Seems simple to me and two months before the current tentative draw.

I am totally for a preference system for residents I have drawn 3 antelope, and like 9 elk. Where as friends of mine have drawn lik 15 antelope tags and 2 or 0 elk. Its hard to tell me that there draw system is completely unbiased

Plus this state has a serious mule deer problem and they choose to do nothing about it. (not enough time to type my true feeling on that issue)...
    You'd like a preference point system for residents? Maybe they could set it up like Colorado's? My friend drew a tag for elk in Unit 2 here in Colorado. It only took 17 PP's to get drawn....17 years of applying! And that was for archery. For a rifle tag, my 13 year old boys would be in their late 30's before they would even be in contention for drawing a tag.
    Don't wish to hard...you might just get the shaft.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Many things can be improved...

I agree I'd like to see all apps due say feb1st, march1st, and a month later find out the results, and within 2 weeks have my refund, if not sooner! no reason a state needs to hang onto my money for more than 1 or 1.5months IMO!

non-resident elk tags should be season specific, ie... archery, rifle, muzzy... a guy from IL probably isn't going to make 2 or more trips for elk, 1 trip only... this would make draw odds higher IMO, and allow for more tags to be issued.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkoholic307 View Post
    Instead of a resident preference point system, I'd like the 'special' license option that the non-residents have.
    what's a res elk tag cost?

part of the reason it works for non-res is that the difference between 500 and 1000 tag is significat!

if a res elk tag is say 60 bucks and a special means it would be 120, jsut about everyone would be willing to pay that... so not much of a help...

how about if they made the "resident special" price the cost of a standard non-res tag or a special non res elk tag...

doubt any res would be willing to pay 500/1000 for an elk tag in WY!

it would be interesting to try just put a couple res tags in a res-special at the non-res special price... and see if what the results are after 1 year...

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 21 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyMusky View Post
    if a res elk tag is say 60 bucks and a special means it would be 120, jsut about everyone would be willing to pay that... so not much of a help...
    I still think it would help. Where I'm from, a lot of guys can barely afford to apply for elk, deer and antelope. If there was a resident special option it would seperate the weekend warriors from the serious hunters. I would gladly pay twice as much for better odds, but know tons of people that wouldn't even consider it.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkoholic307 View Post
    I still think it would help. Where I'm from, a lot of guys can barely afford to apply for elk, deer and antelope. If there was a resident special option it would seperate the weekend warriors from the serious hunters. I would gladly pay twice as much for better odds, but know tons of people that wouldn't even consider it.
    I hear ya.

but when I hear this I think a res can't afford to apply for an elk, deer, antelope at in state fees!? if they only knew what non-res have to front... heck pts only for non-res in WY are $50, $40, and $30, moose is $75, that's $190 every year for just 1 pt for moose, elk, deer, antelope for a non-res in WY!

but sure I don't see why they couldn't have a special option for residents too, I say make the resident special the non-res regular price though!

I wish I could be the tag czar... lol.

I think states are starting to listen more to it's hunters and managing game better.