Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think separating non-res tags into archery, muzzy, rifle only seasons would help a lot, and perhaps do the same for residents, or allow residents to apply for 2 tags, ie 1 archery elk, 1 rifle elk, even 1 muzzy so they can hunt the entire season if they wanted to.

NM has 3 separate archery seasons, 1 muzzy, 1 rifle...
    that takes 1 WY elk tag and turns it into 5 elk tags!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I'd be careful with anything that grants better hunting privileges (or a better chance at them) for money. Next thing you know, they'll be auctioning off tags to the highest bidder.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I am really not in favor of the Special Lic's, it is juat one more step in the direction of people with more money get more opportunity to hunt.
    Hell almost every state takes lots of tags right off the top for the auctions, govners and landowners/outfitters. All this is doing is pandering to anyone who is willing/can pony up lots of money. I would much rather do away with all of these types of tags and pay $10 or $20 more and have more tags available in the draw. Its really getting so bad on premium units that it will be a once in a lifetime hunt for a lot of us. 20 points here in Colorado and still low odds....gimme a break. It will be that way too in Wyoming for NRs soon enough.
    Colorado Cowboy
    Cowboy Action Shooter; Endowment Life Member-NRA
    The Original Rocket Scientist-Retired
    "My Father always considered a walk in the mountains as the equivalent of church going."
    Aldous Huxley

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I know a lot of folks would not be fond of a resident special license option, but it's still a lot better than point creep.

Money talks and I'd much rather pay to play than not play at all.
    Arise... Kill, Eat! - Acts 10:13

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Yeah, to bad they dont actually manage the game they say they do. Mule Deer in this state is a joke, elk are starting to get there, and antelope are on there way. They in my opinion need to lay off giving so many tags, especially with they way the grass is right now, if we have a bad winter, its going to take a toll. Mule deer statewide need to be a draw, and there needs to be a choose your weapon policy. I went scouting this last weekend and ran into 13 F-ing people. I bet you Sept 1 I will count over 60 people (let you know tues) elk hunting. I think it would help spread out the pressure for not just bow, but rifle hunters as well. I have actually thought of hanging the bow up after 30 years of bowhunting just because of the amount of people I have been running into the last 4 years.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    You guys have to realize that Wyo is the least populated state but the state with the most available jobs right now. Its not going to get any better in terms of how many people you see out hunting. Especially during archery, which is gaining extremely in popularity right now. There are people moving here before they even have jobs. Every other state out there is where Wyo is heading. It just took longer for us to get there. Your draw odds are going to get extremely tough and the land developement will take away from wildlife habitat. So do the math and realize that there will be more people and less wildlife which equals tough draw odds. Believe me, I want nothing more than for it to be like I was as a kid and be able to draw an elk tag every other year. Thats just not going to happen any longer.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Heck I would take a tougher to draw tag if they would just regulate the dang pressure, the area I drew has about 300 tags for resident. I will bet you 270+ plan to bow hunt with that tag. Its stupid, and just wait til gas gets to 6$ a gallon, people will stop driving as much and oil will hopefully fall flat, and wy will bust again, always has. oh and what birdhunter said is true, and thats exactly why this should be done, it wont because the G&F have no balls, and want the extra revenue off archery license sales. Sad that they run a game management for the money instead of managing the game. Have always said it, all the G&F are is pimps of the the wildlife.
    Last edited by justinthedoc; 08-31-2012 at 03:30 PM.