Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47
  1. #11
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    3,884
    Thanks
    742
    Thanked 486 Times in 334 Posts
    Congratulations
    4
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I have 5 other sets of Mule deer horns from passed hunts all from 140s-160's. I've been thinking of a pedestal mount with all of these racks on it. Maybe all Euro in a cool staggering formation.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Loma Rica, Ca.
    Posts
    705
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 54 Times in 47 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    I have 5 other sets of Mule deer horns from passed hunts all from 140s-160's. I've been thinking of a pedestal mount with all of these racks on it. Maybe all Euro in a cool staggering formation.
    That a lotta bone for one pedestal but what the heck, go for it. Maybe a little habitat mixed in and you can pull it off. A buddy of mine from Susanville had a pair of Whitetails put on a pedestal with a little habitat and it looks awesome. i think he had Cole there in Reno do the work.

  3. #13
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    3,884
    Thanks
    742
    Thanked 486 Times in 334 Posts
    Congratulations
    4
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packer58 View Post
    That a lotta bone for one pedestal but what the heck, go for it. Maybe a little habitat mixed in and you can pull it off. A buddy of mine from Susanville had a pair of Whitetails put on a pedestal with a little habitat and it looks awesome. i think he had Cole there in Reno do the work.
    I've heard of Cole. Ya it's alot but with some collaboration with my taxi I hope to come up with something very cool and unique but not gody. I also have to have the wife's approval before anything gets in the house. One of them are hers so I hope that it helps with the odds for approval.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,012
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 130 Times in 95 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If it is Greg koehl you are talking about he is a world class taxi. Incredible guy as well.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Loma Rica, Ca.
    Posts
    705
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 54 Times in 47 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's him, never met the guy but his work is trully awesome. My cuurent guy is Dan McKenna, he also does awesome work.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Loma Rica, Ca.
    Posts
    705
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 54 Times in 47 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    I've heard of Cole. Ya it's alot but with some collaboration with my taxi I hope to come up with something very cool and unique but not gody. I also have to have the wife's approval before anything gets in the house. One of them are hers so I hope that it helps with the odds for approval.
    I'd like to be a fly on the wall for that "sales pich".........It might go something like this..........Hey honey, i was thinking about pulling all those horns down from the rafters and spending lots of money having them mounted on a pedestal. Ohhhh by the way, if it sounds like a good idea i'll have yours put on there to.

  7. #17
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    3,884
    Thanks
    742
    Thanked 486 Times in 334 Posts
    Congratulations
    4
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packer58 View Post
    I'd like to be a fly on the wall for that "sales pich".........It might go something like this..........Hey honey, i was thinking about pulling all those horns down from the rafters and spending lots of money having them mounted on a pedestal. Ohhhh by the way, if it sounds like a good idea i'll have yours put on there to.
    And her answer would be.... Are you F'n stupid!

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Loma Rica, Ca.
    Posts
    705
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 54 Times in 47 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeepitcold View Post
    And her answer would be.... Are you F'n stupid!
    Now that's funny......lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Jackson, Ca.
    Posts
    180
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 33 Times in 26 Posts
    Congratulations
    0
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ikeepitcold..check out Stan Martin also. This guy is a true artist and can make whatever you decide happen. He has made me happy with several shoulder mounts and is my "go to guy" for any taxidermy. If anything, he makes them look too pretty...the detail is amazing.

    My main consideration when choosing a position is where it is going to go on the wall and maybe to show off the better side, as is the case with my California Bighorn. One side was broomed off more than the other. I don't care for the sneak position...all mine are semi-sneak except one up-right.

    Moose
    Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up.

  10. #20
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Reno Nv
    Posts
    3,884
    Thanks
    742
    Thanked 486 Times in 334 Posts
    Congratulations
    4
    Congratulated 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoose View Post
    Ikeepitcold..check out Stan Martin also. This guy is a true artist and can make whatever you decide happen. He has made me happy with several shoulder mounts and is my "go to guy" for any taxidermy. If anything, he makes them look too pretty...the detail is amazing.

    My main consideration when choosing a position is where it is going to go on the wall and maybe to show off the better side, as is the cas


    e with my California Bighorn. One side was broomed off more than the other. I don't care for the sneak position...all mine are semi-sneak except one up-right.

    Moose

    I have an awesome taxi. His name is Wade. He does competition taxi and does some of the most awesome mounts I've ever seen. The best part he is affordable, if that is a word to use for taxidermy. He does some the the Eastmans work and is 2 blocks from my house. This guy is so cool he lets me set the ears, help with the clay work and pining the muscle structure. I'll post some pics of my deer we just mounted. Thanx for the referrals but I'm very happy with Wade.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Bino position questions
    By wolftalonID in forum Other
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 03:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •