Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the better half

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i apparently have a solution--i have to put her and our three kids with her sister and her two kids up in a water park resort at the wisconsin dells for a week. i think hawaii would be cheaper. we'll see how it goes.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Sharpstick,

Agreed. She needs her time doing her things, in return I get to go on hunting trips.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    My wife is my fav hunting partner. No she's not going to hike in six miles everyday but she goes to camp with me every year every tag she might only hunt two or three days but is there with me and i go on those day by my self where she can't go. Heck last year she even spent 5 days in camp while i took her son ( he's 23)bow antelope hunting his first tag ever. 95 to 100 everyday!!! How can i complain?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftalonID View Post
    Does it help to know My wife and two boys usually are with me on those week long hunts? Wife makes one heck of a nice warm breakfast to come back to camp to late morning. Kids enjoy splashing in the lake we camp near. My wife is interested in hunting too, so she goes along to help and come rifle season she gets a shot at an elk or deer. She has told me that there is no way she would find stalking elk and deer for hours only to get busted or miss a fun thing to do, and cant understand why I get so excited when I get SOOO Close! lol.
    Thats fine, we both have our own way of getting it done, but try taking them along with you.
    Set up a nice base camp tent with HEAT,the women love heat. Bring other things to do, and spend one day taking them with you, even though you may not get anything that way, they feel included and can enjoy more than the four walls of the tent.
    I agree. I try to bring the wife and kids with me. They do all sorts of thing while I'm hunting. The only thing I have to do is bring the camp trailer and make sure there is plenty of gas in the generator for movies, video games and such. For me if I'm not packing out to a hidey for a couple nites or know that I'm going in for 5 days on bivy and Mountain house its cool to be able to tell the days stories to the family over a nice dinner. I also picked up a SAT phone a couple years ago to be able to keep in touch as well. Makes a huge difference to be able to talk to the wife so she knows all is well.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I've always found that it is not so much the "you being gone" as it is the "worrying about your safety" that gets the better half. Cell phone calls are nice if your in that kind of area. Where I am cell phones don't work, even in town, so I have a SPOT messenger. I love it, the woman loves it, the family loves it, friends love it. No matter where I am, I can check in. With that, leaving for days or weeks at a time is a lot easier on my people.
    People in SUV's and suburbs will kill more game animals than a man with a bow, ever could.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    5 Years ago I got divorced from an unemployed welfare queen and now I lay down the law real plain & simple to any new prospects. My way or the highway. Real simple. Otherwise we just won't be compatible. If there's one with a quality job that wants to support the family solo I could understand, but otherwise forget about it. Even then I know people change so I am extremely cautious and keeping finances seperate is also a must.

I am certainly in no hurry to marry again and risk it. There's very little to gain with a piece of paper that only protects the lazy. What I have learned is that a marriage certificate is nothing more than a ticket for the state to escape financially from the welfare responsibility they legislate. I am 51 years old and have yet to collect my first unemployment check. For this I am only a target to the state. They need to get a job as well as all women.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    She can't wait so she can party while im gone. Not sure what is better lol!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Congratulated 1 Time in 1 Post
    You sound a little selfish there Zim. You obviously haven't heard of give and take. Nobody likes a slouch, but the man is still supposed to be the main supporter of a family. Your comments are boarderline misogynous.
    I recognized long ago that if I have a warehouse full of guns, but no public land or public wildlife, I have nothing!

Thanks
    Congratulations
    I also got a SPOT unit a few years ago to keep my wife from worrying while I am out by myself. I do a lot of backcountry activities year round and am usually by myself so the SPOT is a good thing to have.

I usually take my wife with me on at least one backpacking hunt every year, she is pretty tough and goes anywhere I want, as long as I stop and let her rest and keep her fed she is pretty happy. Last year she called in a small 6 point bull for me, I have never seen her so excited, she still talks about it.

She has actually said to me that she would never try and keep me from doing the things I enjoy because she knows she would lose me.

Thanks
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by elktracker View Post
    I also got a SPOT unit a few years ago to keep my wife from worrying while I am out by myself. I do a lot of backcountry activities year round and am usually by myself so the SPOT is a good thing to have.

I usually take my wife with me on at least one backpacking hunt every year, she is pretty tough and goes anywhere I want, as long as I stop and let her rest and keep her fed she is pretty happy. Last year she called in a small 6 point bull for me, I have never seen her so excited, she still talks about it.

She has actually said to me that she would never try and keep me from doing the things I enjoy because she knows she would lose me.
    elktracker, its the same for me, they do like us doing things we love.

I also have been looking at these SPOT devices for several years now since they debuted. They have a new one now that lets you program in a message that you send. Like "I got one come help me pack it out" lol. Or the standard Im ok post. I really like the idea of these. My wife even saw a friend of hers on Facebook link his up to post to his FB account last season, and so for a week she was able to see where he was hunting.
    This brought up the conversation the other day about getting one. I found it nice to know she likes the idea enough to tell me about getting one before I came to her.
    I hunt because......